News:

• May 06, 2024, 06:36:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Field fix, maybe?  (Read 539 times)

Online Dick Pacini

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Field fix, maybe?
« on: March 06, 2012, 02:34:34 PM »
I ripped a fingernail last night and was poking around in the medicine cabinet for something to cover it with.  I found a bottle of Nail-aid broken nail repair.  I guess I had forgotten about it.  I opened the bottle and WHEW, that smells exactly like clear dope.  It has a little applicator brush and is pretty thick, but flows on evenly and dries to a nice shine.

I don't know if this is impervious to fuel, but I can see a use for it in the field for repairing a ding or a tear in the covering.  It sells for about $6.50 a bottle. 

https://www.nailaidcares.com/img/products/details/det_5_1.jpg
AMA 62221

Once, twice, three times a lady.  Four times and she does it for a living.  "You want me on that wall.  You need me on that wall."

Offline minnesotamodeler

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • Me and my Chief Engineer
    • Minnesotamodeler
Re: Field fix, maybe?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 03:50:47 PM »
Pretty high-priced dope...
--Ray 
Roseville MN (St. Paul suburb, Arctic Circle)
AMA902472

Online Dick Pacini

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Field fix, maybe?
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 04:34:19 PM »
Pretty high-priced dope...

Yes it is, but it is in a small bottle with a brush under the cap.  It wouldn't take up much space in a flight box.  More of a convenience, sure, but how many people carry clear dope and a brush in their stuff?  Again, for a quick repair that might keep you flying instead of heading home.

Ever buy a tube of touch up paint for a new car?  Last one I bought years ago was 10 bucks.
AMA 62221

Once, twice, three times a lady.  Four times and she does it for a living.  "You want me on that wall.  You need me on that wall."

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here