News:

• May 02, 2024, 12:04:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: FIA World Championshiops  (Read 512 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
FIA World Championshiops
« on: August 26, 2022, 11:33:30 AM »
Just raed the article the AMA send out via E-Mail on the control line World Championship.  Yes our stunt team did good considering the experience of competing on the world stage.  The speed team did good with people that have the experience.  The combat team I think did okay considering their experience and the luck of the draw.  No team racing team participated.  I remember years back that the AMA stated if a team of any of the classes did not perform up to standards they would not be supported.  I have been told that until the champs start all expenses is on each team member.  I remember the Wright & Dunkin F2C team saying they would meet with other team member at a military base to board a MATS(Military Transport plane) to fly to the country where the champs would be.

Imyself tried for the team back in the day but then rules started changing and F2C became an event in which you have to deep pockets to compete with ready built planes and engines that need little tinkering with.   Combat and speed is along the same lines.  Stunt is now getting there with ready built planes and engine set ups.  It takes a lot of devotion to compete in any of these events taking away from family and personal time.  I commend those that have the talent and expertise to do it.  Congrats to the USA Controline Team that did participate. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here