News:

• April 30, 2024, 07:00:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Falcon f2b carbon propellers for electric  (Read 1047 times)

Offline James H. Dean

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Falcon f2b carbon propellers for electric
« on: April 08, 2024, 12:47:47 AM »
Anyone try the falcon 3 blade f2b propellers? They have a 11x5.6 and a 12x5.5 3 blade and 4 blade. I haven't heard anything about them.

Online Bill Schluckbier

• Ensign
Re: Falcon f2b carbon propellers for electric
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2024, 05:52:58 AM »
Cannot speak for how good their F2B props are; but if their larger carbon props are an indication of their quality, I would say that they are worth a try. I use several of their CF props in my R/C models, a 20" on the larger pattern plane and a 16" on the smaller pattern plane.  They work well.

Offline frank williams

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2024, 06:49:21 PM »
Expensive, but good from what I hear ...... verrrrrry light

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2024, 08:34:07 PM »
Seems a little pricey. I'd check around and see what's available from other vendors. For that money you could get into prop making if you had the inclination.

Offline Lauri Malila

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2024, 03:50:05 AM »
I don't do electric so no idea how they perform, but those Falcons that I've seen are quality-wise the finest I've seen, and also I guess the lightest. Some sort of a foam core, and very thin carbon skin. L

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2024, 05:42:41 AM »
Frank McMillan has been using the Falcon props and he swears by them. Has anyone tried using the BAdAss wood props? They are apparently made for Innov8tive Designs by Zoar, and they are extremely light and well balanced right out of the package. I've been using them on my twin electric models for about a year. They accelerate and decelerate very quickly with the active timer system, and they pull great. I'm using a matched set of 10 x 5 BadAss props (one tractor and one pusher) on the Wildfire and the Turning Point. I don't think Falcon makes such matched sets, but I could be wrong... If they do, I'll give them a try. In any case I will try one on my single motor ships this year.

Later - Bob Hunt   

Online Jim Hoffman

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2024, 07:32:56 AM »
I too am a fan of light weight props.  I use a similar Igor 12”  three blade prop which weighs 16 grams.  That is about as light as I thought it could get.   Falcon advertises their 12” diameter three blade CF prop at 9 grams which is extraordinary. 

BadAss wood props are light, accurate, very nicely made and low cost.  APCs are fine props but very heavy.

Last year I had the opportunity to swap out an APC 11 x 5.5  EP 2 blade (pusher) for a BadAss 11-6 (reverse pitch) wood two blade prop.  I made the needed nose weight adjustment and RPM change to achieve same CG and lap time.

Back-to-back flights demonstrated a HUGE improvement in the ability of the airplane to fly through a hard corner smoothly and exit cleanly.  I was experiencing the effect of much reduced gyroscopic effects due to the significantly reduced mass of the BadAss prop.  I suspect the model was yawing much less in the corner due to gyroscopic effects.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 01:23:49 PM by Jim Hoffman »

Offline Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2024, 06:01:46 PM »
I went to their site. Could not find sizes we use. Maybe it was the wrong site.

What is the site used to get the stunt 3 blades?

Online Jim Hoffman

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2024, 06:08:18 PM »
Buddy RC has better information

Choose propulsion and filter for falcon F2B  propellers. 
https://www.buddyrc.com/collections/f2b-propellers

Offline James H. Dean

• New Pilot
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2024, 10:18:51 PM »
I've been using the pavlo carbon 3 blades from Ukraine.  14 grams and I have had no complaints about them. Just don't have a smaller size for a 40 size plane. I pulled the trigger and have one of the 11in 3 blades coming.  Shipping should be here Monday and will report how looks when I get it. They have 12in sizes but I'm super happy with my pavlo prop on my TrivEal Pursuit XL.

Offline James H. Dean

• New Pilot
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2024, 10:20:26 PM »
They also have 4 blade options also for there F2B props. That would probably be what I would try on my TrivEal.

Offline Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2024, 08:21:56 AM »
Buddy RC has better information

Thanks Jim. They do have better info.

Offline fred cesquim

• Captain
    • Fred Cesquim Aeromodelos
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2024, 10:10:25 AM »
I've been using the pavlo carbon 3 blades from Ukraine.  14 grams and I have had no complaints about them. Just don't have a smaller size for a 40 size plane. I pulled the trigger and have one of the 11in 3 blades coming.  Shipping should be here Monday and will report how looks when I get it. They have 12in sizes but I'm super happy with my pavlo prop on my TrivEal Pursuit XL.

Offline Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Fancher Handles - Presented by Brent Williams
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2024, 11:01:33 AM »
Holy lightweight prop Batman!
8.5 grams is the listed weight of the Falcon 11.6X5.7X3 electric 3-blade. 
Too bad most of my flying occurs on a lumpy soccer field with long grass.  I would be paranoid on every flight.
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2024, 10:51:05 PM »
Holy lightweight prop Batman!
8.5 grams is the listed weight of the Falcon 11.6X5.7X3 electric 3-blade. 
Too bad most of my flying occurs on a lumpy soccer field with long grass.  I would be paranoid on every flight.

Have y'all asked if you can mow a circle shorter, or asked if the park dept. will do it for you? Sometimes it doesn't hurt to ask. Other times, it's better not to inform them of what they don't know. See youse guys in Roseburg!  y1 Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline James H. Dean

• New Pilot
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2024, 09:52:57 PM »
Prop arrived today.  Weight is advertised . Now to finish the plane that it goes on and test it out.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here