News:

• April 26, 2024, 06:32:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: F2B - AMA PA Scoring Correlation  (Read 1785 times)

Offline ash

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
    • I build guitars to pay for CL models!
F2B - AMA PA Scoring Correlation
« on: February 28, 2006, 11:03:32 PM »
I know many of the USA pilots never need to fly F2B Aerobatics, but anyone at team trials or international events there does both. I was wondering what kind of correlation there is between F2B and AMA PA scores. I could just go through the respective rule books and add up the assigned scores, but that doesn't account for styles and judging variations that are so strongly debated around WC time.

So, ignoring all the usual subjectivity and regional variance, on average what kind of F2B points is a (for example) 500 point AMA pattern going to get? What kind of AMA PA points will a 900 point per judge F2B pattern get?
Adrian Hamilton - Auckland, NZ.

Offline Dave Cook

• New Pilot
Re: F2B - AMA PA Scoring Correlation
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 09:24:47 AM »
Adrian,
I put out a Stunt Book in 03' and donated it to PAMPA. The back cover has a comparison chart of AMA to FAI scoring. You can get the book from PAMPA Products. If you have a problem let me know.

Dave Cook

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 07:40:43 PM »
Hi Adrian,
!5 manuevers at 35 points each will yeild a 525 (without appearance points).
I am not aware of the K-factors for the different manuevers so if you add that to each manuever that should give you a benchmark.  A person flying a 525 would usually have a plane that would receive between 15-18, maybe 19 appearance points (very few 20 pointers out there!)

Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline ash

• Commander
    • I build guitars to pay for CL models!
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 06:18:00 AM »
Thanks for the comments guys. I kinda mean't something different, but didn't word it properly. Just for kicks I was doing some analysis on our Nats scoring spreadsheet from a few months ago. I keyed in the AMA PA scoring system and took a look at the scores. As it happens my scores rounded out at about 440 (PA) or 850 (F2B). Just for reference, Gilbert Beringer topped out at 481 at the same contest. Not his best work. The winner, Kim Webby's best was 516. The interesting thing is that because of the varying k-factors in F2B and effectively constant k-factor in PA, the correlation is dependant on where in the schedule you fly well. If you do better in the easy stunts, 900 (F2B) can equal about 485 (PA). If you do better in the tougher stunts, 900 (F2B) equals 455 (PA). The correlation is different for every combination of scores.

This isn't exactly what I was getting at, but kind of related. I was hoping to get a feel for how subjectivity is affected by this difference. In hindsight that is a pretty complex thing to analyse.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 08:35:34 PM by ash »
Adrian Hamilton - Auckland, NZ.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here