News:

• April 27, 2024, 11:52:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Evolution of Larry Renger’s ET-1  (Read 468 times)

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Evolution of Larry Renger’s ET-1
« on: March 28, 2024, 11:05:26 PM »
Cut/pasted from FarceBook.  Even so it’s progress in a positive direction.

I re-directed someone who asked a question on FB over here to look up Larry’s ET-1 design.  Almost immediately (a few days) he built his own version out of EPP and has other folks flying.

He is David McDonald on FB and Dave McDonald here on SH if you want to say Hi.

Offline dave mcdonald

• New Pilot
Re: Evolution of Larry Renger’s ET-1
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2024, 11:29:11 PM »
Paul, thank you for posting the photos of my EPPT-1 over here!
I'm hoping Larry Renger finds this thread so I can thank him for creating a great design!
Even though the EPP version isn't the same plane, the basic planform is close enough that it definitely shows it is an offspring of the ET-1 family.
Thank you Larry!

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2024, 07:55:34 AM »
No! Thank you for trying the configuration out and congratulations on your success! Happy flying. 🤠

And especially, thank you Paul for passing on the information both on the design and now to me on the result.
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2024, 11:36:25 AM »
No, Thank You Larry LOLOL - Love that ET-1 design and especially all the hundreds of laps my daughter Leanna and I spent wiggling the throttle stick on the transmitter!
The AMA Expo at Ontario,
The Compton Airport event,
Fullerton Airport days,
Imaginology inside the hangar, especially the kid in the big electric wheelchair who couldn’t stop smiling all day,
And many more.

Kudos to YOU Larry.

Offline dave mcdonald

• New Pilot
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2024, 12:42:17 PM »
About 10 days ago I asked for some advice about making an electric powered control line plane that would be nearly indestructible.  I got some great advice from Paul Wescott about a plane that Larry Renger designed called an ET-1, which was made from coroplast.  Using the basic design of the ET-1, I ended up making an EPP foam version, so I guess this should be called the EPPT-1.  Motor is a GT2205-1660kv.  Prop is a 7x4.5 reverse pitch.  Lipo is a 2S 800.  ESC is an old 25A, but a 12A would work fine.  Throttle is controlled by an old DSM2 receiver linked to my TX16S transmitter.  Control lines and handle are from an old Cox P-51, so probably Dacron and about 25 feet long.  Weight ready to fly with battery is 6.0 ounces.  It flies much better than expected!  This was the first time I've flown a control line plane in about 15 years.  After the test flight I let Timothy Townsend fly it.  He hadn't flown a control line plane in about 45 years, but he had no problems at all flying it, except for getting dizzy after about a half dozen laps.  Being able to control the throttle and land at any time was a huge bonus and kept Tim from falling down.  Overall I'm very happy with this project and can't wait to give some of my RC club buddies a chance to fly this.  Huge thank you to Shaun Zimmerman for the photos!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 08:13:31 PM by dave mcdonald »

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here