News:

• May 04, 2024, 10:22:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Evolution 36 rear cover  (Read 230 times)

Offline Paul Kobe

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Evolution 36 rear cover
« on: March 17, 2020, 08:07:55 PM »
Hi,

I'm in need of a rear cover for an Evolution 36.  The parts for this motor have been discontinued.  A stock rear cover or a substitute.  I have not located any on-line.

Thank you
Paul
Maspeth Drifter

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Evolution 36 rear cover
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 09:00:59 PM »
Have you got a broken one? If you do, and you can do a decent job of measuring it, I would measure one of my Magnum XLS .36 backplates and see if they're interchangeable. If they are, there should be parts available here from the new Magnum guy, or from Hobby King (ASP tho). Just a thought.  D>K Steve 
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Robert Whitley

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 11:16:10 PM »
I know that a plastic substitute would not be ideal but you might want to consider a 3D printed version as a temporary replacement.

If you have the original and possibly damaged part someone local could likely scan it and print a part.

If you don’t know anyone doing something like this do a search for a local “Makers Group” and they would likely be thrilled to take on the challenge.

Some of them are also into machining and might be able to mill you a billet part.

Before all that though, have you checked with Randy in case he has what you need?

Good luck

Offline Paul Kobe

• 21 supporter
  • New Pilot
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 08:35:03 AM »
Thanks,
I can detail one out.  The inside cylinder/plug is 1.038" dia. with the cylinder clearance gap 0.901".  The plug depth is 0.60" +/-0.002.  Maybe the MAG XLS 36 could work.  I'll try those other vendors. 

Yes plastic might work if I can't repair or get a replacement. 

Paul

Maspeth Drifter

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here