News:

• April 27, 2024, 02:24:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: eBay plans guy  (Read 665 times)

Offline 944_Jim

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
eBay plans guy
« on: September 11, 2022, 08:22:31 AM »
Hi all,

I'm trying to find a way to reach an eBay plans guy outside of eBay. This is related to my search for the February 1996 Aviation Modeller International article regarding the Frog Mosquito. He goes by Papalee1007 out of Port Saint Lucie, FL.

Thanks in advance,

Offline Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: eBay plans guy
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2022, 02:44:00 PM »
Hi all,

I'm trying to find a way to reach an eBay plans guy outside of eBay. This is related to my search for the February 1996 Aviation Modeller International article regarding the Frog Mosquito. He goes by Papalee1007 out of Port Saint Lucie, FL.

Thanks in advance,

Check with the AMA Museum.  They might have back issues of the then revived Aeromodeller magazine.  They do have back issues of the old Aeromodeller magazine.

Keith

Offline qaz049

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2022, 07:53:52 PM »
Hi all,

Thanks in advance,

https://www.magazineexchange.co.uk/cw/aviation-modeller-international-magazine-february-1996-issue.html

The February 1996 issue is available for purchase online. However  it doesn't seem to contain the Frog Mosquito you seek. It does contain the Hurricane plan. I remember the Mosquito article, I already had the plan. I don't think it was very helpful.  Die-cut pieces such as wing ribs are missing on the drawing. Could have faked 'um but in the end it was just too much trouble.

Perhaps you could try a post on the Barton Control Line Forum.

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2022, 08:44:47 PM »
Its awailable on the free Aero  Fred , OZ, or Outerzone . Wiv a bitoffa search .

https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=5303

PLUS I think theres a FROG - history - info- thingo SITE too . Wivf ert . RIBBIT .

Offline 944_Jim

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2022, 09:33:10 PM »
Thanks all, for your assistance!

I have been contacted via PM by one of StuntHangar's prolific posters/forum supporters that he has a copy of the magazine. I'll let him self-identify if he chooses...but if he doesn't, I'll pop a tease here...his initials are DMC. LL~

In short, I've been assisted by "model airplane forum folks" regarding old information twice now. The first was for the Brown/Novotnic 1/2A Mosquito magazine article. I already had the plan from an English fellow, but having the article made building that model just a bit more special for me.

Qaz,
Thanks much for your effort...I saw that link before, but there are no digital sellers. I did note that by the time I bought a paper copy and had it shipped, I would be way past what Papalee wants.

You are correct, the plan leaves a lot of detail out. Mark Winstanley of Kanata Aircraft Models custom cut a short kit of the Frog Mosquito for me. I provided the rib tracings I bought from a gentleman in England some time ago. I seem to remember turning around and providing those tracings to Steve at Outerzone shortly after. I plan on using Cox Medallion 09s.

I'm just a sucker for twins. My first was a Black Hawk Models Mosquito with 27" WS, Norvel Big Mig .074s, custom/DIY under-wing tanks...sadly totalled just after take-off due to outboard engine flame-out coming into the upwind portion of the circle. Featured heavily on CEF, to include first crash damage/rebuild and second crash. The CEF gang tried to talk.me into rebuild number two, but I already had the Kanata kit cut. I learned a lot on the BHM kit!  It can be found on YouTube ( find user CL Jim...other key search words are Scientific P-40 and Black Hawk Models).

My next twin will be a hand-cut control-line rendition of the Paul Bradley Duelist MkIII. It'll be built around .061 mills...not sure if I'll go APs with Jan Haluzko NVA/venturies or Norvel Big Migs.

In conclusion, thanks for the PMs and posted assistance by my fellow modellers!

944_Jim on SH, RCG and CEF
Jim in NE MS

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here