News:

• May 03, 2024, 08:35:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Easter Egg Confession  (Read 1562 times)

Offline Zuriel Armstrong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Easter Egg Confession
« on: April 25, 2011, 06:21:44 AM »
Like most of us, with work and family there is little time for extra activities.  That being said, I do not own a chicken coop or hen house, I bought my Easter Eggs from the LGS (local grocery store).  I went to the store and found two varieties of eggs.  The ARF (almost ready to fry) and the ARC (almost ready to color).  Although the ARF was tempting, I selected the ARC for my Easter Eggs.  Now all I needed to do was finish them.  I tried the plastic heat shrink coverings first.  They worked okay but didn't present the way I intended, so I decided to dye them.  Even thought the dye process took longer they did present better.

Anyway, I feel much better now that I have confessed to my sins.
Zuriel Armstrong
AMA 20932

Offline Michael Brooks

• AMA Member
  • Lieutenant
Re: Easter Egg Confession
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 07:12:35 AM »

I'm just floored! All the Eggstra work I thought you put into things and now I find you used ARC eggs!   n1
All this rain must be getting to you!

Mike
Mike Brooks
AMA 65566

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 08:16:00 AM »
Yea and I bet he painted them all pink too!!!
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Michael Brooks

• AMA Member
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 08:21:43 AM »
You know he did!
Mike Brooks
AMA 65566

Offline Tim Stagg

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 08:26:34 AM »
But will they be accepted at the Egg Hunt as valid hunting eggs.

He did not lay them or Boil them (BOE Rules)...sorry to fun to resist
Tim Stagg

Offline Louis Rankin

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 09:35:23 AM »
Well at least he did boil and color them himself, I think that qualifies under the COE (cultivator of egg) rules.  In my area we don't call them Almost Ready to Fry eggs, we have the RTH (Ready to Hide) and ARC (Almost Ready to Color) eggs.  The RTH eggs come already boiled and colored.  They only require a few minutes of prepartion to put them in the baskets and they are ready to hide, these do not qualify for COE.  The ARC are not boiled or colored.  You have to boil them then color them before they are ready to hide.  Now although the ARC eggs are store bought and not self cultivated, they do under the current EEH (Easter Egg Hiders) rules qualify for COE.

I personally do not feel that the the ARC eggs should qualify.  A true EEH should cultivate his own eggs from chickens that he lovingly feeds and cares for himself.  Self cultivation is the only way to truly learn to appreciate the art and sport of Easter Egg Hiding.  Buying RTH and ARC eggs is cheating and is an insult to the hider who has taken the time and patience to cultivate his own eggs.  It discourages advances and innovation in the cultivation of top quality eggs.

So, this is my point.  Do we want to make our sport only about the hiding of the eggs?  Or, do we want the cultivation and coloring to be the focus of the sport?  I think the cultivation and coloring are much more important.  You see, anyone can hide an egg, but it takes a true craftsman to culitivate and properly color easter eggs.  I am a proud cultivator of all my own eggs.  My 2 cents, your opinions may vary.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 11:56:39 AM by Louis Rankin »
Louis Rankin
Somerville Tennessee
AMA 10859

Offline Chris Edinger

• Commander
  • Hawker Hurricane
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 12:41:02 PM »
I presume you consider the RTH eggs fillable before they are hidden.... (ahh yes the plastic ones..)
Lee's Summit MO
AMA 896082

Online Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 12:48:23 PM »
Come on, guys.  Anybody can use any eggs anywhere.  You just don't get these "appearance points": http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=118249,00.html
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 02:35:47 PM »
A quote from Jelly Roll Morton:

You are sooo ugly. If you were an egg, you would be a whole farm yard!
AMA 7544

Offline John Witt

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 02:53:35 PM »
I agree with Howard, anyone should be able to use any eggs anywhere. After all, those doing the judging will quickly recognize which eggs are colored in China, which are custom colored and which eggs are actually china.  Besides, the object is to be able to roll the eggs with the proper degree of precision to the required path. I have a Fabrege egg which is good for maximum appearance points, but doesn't turn well, so it all evens out.

John
John Witt
AMA 19892
Edmonds, WA
"Houston, Tranquillity Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 08:26:55 AM »
Well, who ever organize the EEH for our Church went the easy route with Chocolate Foil Covered Eggs(CFCE).  When the sun came out before church was over,  they learned the error of their ways.   Before it had always been the Hollow Plastic Artificial Eggs(HPAE) filled with coins and hard candy.   Live and learn. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here