News:

• April 27, 2024, 01:07:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Donation requests resolved  (Read 633 times)

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Donation requests resolved
« on: January 22, 2024, 08:32:54 AM »
Every year we get the message from Sparky requesting donations in order to keep this site going. Some people donate and a BUNCH don't.  I have  donated a few times but not this year. Why? Easy answer. There are a BUNCH on here who NEVER have. Why should those of us that have make it possible for you to be on here? If you are reading this then you know who you are.  Why should you get a free ride? Are the posts you make just so wonderful that you  shouldn't have to contribute? I propose a Membership Fee. This would apply to EVERYONE. A small flat rate of $15 a year would be necessary in order to enter the forum. Who knows? With this influx of additional funds maybe then improvements could be made? There would no longer be the need to award members with a badge for contributing. We might end up losing some members because of this but if they're not willing to ante up then oh well. This would be easy to implement and since it would apply to EVERYONE then no one should feel picked on. $15 is a small amount and a hell of lot cheaper than other clubs.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 01:33:17 PM by Bill Morell »
Bill Morell
It wasn't that you could and others couldn't, its that you did and others didn't.
Vietnam 72-73
  Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.

Offline Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Donation requests resolved
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2024, 09:44:24 AM »
I agree. Anybody else agree?

Cheers, Jerry

Online Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2024, 10:18:07 AM »
I TOTALLY agree!
Bob Z.

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2024, 10:40:45 AM »
With 75 views and only 2 in agreement I believe we are seeing those who don't contribute.
Bill Morell
It wasn't that you could and others couldn't, its that you did and others didn't.
Vietnam 72-73

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2024, 10:43:53 AM »
I usually donate $25.00 each time as this is how I cam stay in touch with every body.  I agrre about making it member forum and nominat Bill Morell to be in charge. S?P S?P D>K H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2024, 11:11:04 AM »
[  I agrre about making it member forum and nominat Bill Morell to be in charge. S?P S?P D>K H^^
[/quote

It's not my site to collect funding and there is absolutely no reason to single anyone out to be the debt collector. No harder to collect these "funds" than it is for Sparky to collect "donations". I'm just suggesting this as a means to level the playing field. EVERYONE would benefit from this. And who knows Doc? Maybe this way you can respond to anyone whether they have a Badge or not? No more need to make declarations of that nature.
Bill Morell
Vietnam 72-73

Offline Ty Marcucci

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2024, 11:19:07 AM »
I have always donated 35.00, so 15.00, is a bargain.. All for it. H^^
Ty Marcucci

Offline Dick Pacini

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2024, 11:19:30 AM »
Sounds workable and fair.  The amount of knowledge available on this site is priceless.
AMA 62221

Once, twice, three times a lady.  Four times and she does it for a living.  "You want me on that wall.  You need me on that wall."

Offline Phil J

• New Pilot
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2024, 11:23:53 AM »
Absolutely!  Let's all make a resolution to support Robert and the stunt community! 

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2024, 12:59:51 PM »
With 75 views and only 2 in agreement I believe we are seeing those who don't contribute.

Bill, I contribute and would be fine with a membership fee.  But I don't begrudge anyone getting a "free ride".  My only responsibility is ME.  Milage obviously varies from person to person ...

Dennis
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2024, 01:39:04 PM »
Bill,
we have common ground! I couldnt agree more.

Craig
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2024, 02:12:02 PM »
I do not see the usual donation button on Stunt Hanger.
I have given in the past.
Paul Smith

Offline Marty Hammersmith

• 24 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2024, 02:26:43 PM »
     I don't agree. Contribute if you feel it worthy. Don't donate if you don't.  You will never attract new blood these days if you make it a mandatory pay site. I know I wouldn't have bothered to check it out. I donated $50 this year despite the blistering I've taken in private messages a number of times from a couple of the regulars on here who for some reason find it necessary to school me with answers to questions I didn't ask. As a new member I can tell you from first hand experience we could do a whole lot better welcoming new people and casual control line fliers.
Marty Hammersmith
AMA 6568

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2024, 02:29:17 PM »
Click on the triangle with the 24 on the top of the front page. Since I just paid/donated, I will now feel free to say that the bickering and political BS on this site is surely offputting to some, perhaps enough so to keep them from contributing. Due to our common interests, even if we're not all best friends, we should all be civil.

Offline Marty Hammersmith

• 24 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2024, 02:31:04 PM »
Click on the triangle with the 24 on the top of the front page. Since I just paid/donated, I will now feel free to say that the bickering and political BS on this site is surely offputting to some, perhaps enough so to keep them from contributing. Due to our common interests, even if we're not all best friends, we should all be civil.

Totally with you Bill!!!
Marty Hammersmith
AMA 6568

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2024, 02:37:49 PM »
If this were to happen I'd suppose Robert would have to spend time almost everyday tracking who paid and who didn't.  Then 'turn them on  or off' accordingly.  Then he may find himself in a crack about the tax status of the operation.  Is it now a business?  Should it have to become a tax exempt corporation?  Maybe it's better off as it is.  I'd think the donation badges show who pays and who doesn't.   Maybe they should be a little bigger.....

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2024, 02:42:28 PM »
If this were to happen I'd suppose Robert would have to spend time almost everyday tracking who paid and who didn't.  Then 'turn them on  or off' accordingly.  Then he may find himself in a crack about the tax status of the operation.  Is it now a business?  Should it have to become a tax exempt corporation?  Maybe it's better off as it is.  I'd think the donation badges show who pays and who doesn't.   Maybe they should be a little bigger.....

Dave

Why would this be any harder than giving a badge? He still has to look it up for each donation either way. And since it's a once a year fee then once paid the person is in. Don't try to make it harder.
Bill Morell
Vietnam 72-73

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2024, 03:06:17 PM »
I would appreciate whoever changed my badge to 2024 please kindly put it back to 2021 as it is rather contradictory to my opening post as I haven't donated this year.
Bill Morell
Vietnam 72-73

Offline Les McDonald

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
  • " The Jelly Man"
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2024, 04:12:58 PM »
I'm pretty consistent with donations here and I'm good with whatever works best for Sparky.
I see people my age out there climbing mountains and zip lining and here I am feeling good about myself because I got my leg through my underwear without losing my balance

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2024, 07:21:39 PM »
This idea has been considered but I don't think it will cove the site.
AMA 12366

Advertise Here

Sorry, this topic is locked. Only admins and moderators can reply.
Tags:

Advertise Here