News:

• April 27, 2024, 06:23:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DMAA Not Presidents Day Contest  (Read 1291 times)

Offline Elwyn Aud

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Inferalandings Photo Page
DMAA Not Presidents Day Contest
« on: March 07, 2007, 06:45:46 PM »
I've put together a few pictures from the contest over on my photo-page. Here's the direct link to the album.
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/557999413iXeGwH

Offline Bootlegger

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: DMAA Not Presidents Day Contest
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 07:15:34 AM »
 H^^  Elwin,,Pal you really done good !!!  Those are some really good pictures.  Thanks, Gil H^^
8th Air Force Veteran
Gil Causey
AMA# 6964

Offline Bill Gruby

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 08:04:56 AM »
Elwyn;

It never ceases to amaze me the quality of your pictures and also the amount of pictures that you take. I have one question however, "When do you get to fly, and who takes those pictures?" LOL

"Billy G"   <=
Bill Gruby
AMA 94433
MECA 5393-10

Offline bill marvel

• Commander
  • Lafayette Esquadrille, St. Louis
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 04:26:48 PM »
Great pictures, Elwyn.

Looks like it was a good contest despite being on the cold side.  I spent a year in the Air Force next door to Dallas in Fort Worth.  I remember how incredibly cold it could get sometimes.  Your pictures looked like our Ice-O-Lated contest February 25th.  Brrrrr!

regards,
bill marvel
Bill Marvel, AMA 793835
Lafayette Esquadrille, St. Louis

Welcome to Stunt Hangar

Offline Elwyn Aud

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Inferalandings Photo Page
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 05:44:54 PM »
Thanks for all the kind words. I haven't flown in many contests lately but get in plenty of flying on the home field. Not flying at the Dallas contest had the advantage of freeing up lots of space in the truck for Rich's Brew fuel from Mike's Hobby Shop. We brought back a whopping 24 gallons. Not flying also meant being able to concentrate entirely on photography and with two circles going it required a lot of running back and forth. Shooting all digital gives you the ability to take tons more pics which ended up being 800-900 shots(had thought it was more but there were a lot of pics from our Collecto that morning in the camera) on this outing.  I don't think I took that many shooting print film in the entire week on my first trip to VSC. After editing I ended up with only 311 passable shots. I seem to take a lot more (unintentional) clunkers now since it doesn't cost anything except battery power and memory space.  Luckily there were electrical outlets available at the Dallas site so I could keep recharging the batteries and I had 3 one gig chips on hand. The trip down to Texas on Saturday was interesting. Winds gusting over 40 and a sky full of dust. It certainly didn't look promising for a contest on Sunday. "When do you get to fly, and who takes those pictures?" When I want a shot of one of my planes in the air I usually have some one else fly it or sometimes take pictures from the center of the circle and fly at the same time.

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 12:01:04 AM »
I really like Presidents Day since i retired. I call my Boss up every year on that Day and tell him I am taking the Day off. I don't know why he always tells me to not call him at work!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here