News:

• May 08, 2024, 07:18:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Did somebody say Pukey Profile?  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Andrew Hathaway

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Did somebody say Pukey Profile?
« on: April 15, 2006, 11:06:10 PM »
Here's another recent score from the Scratch & Dent bin at Tower Hobbies.  No fuel tank, discounted about $20.  LOL
Add one Hayes 3oz tank I've had since last summer, and a $40 ebay sourced OS 20FP ABN w/E-2030 muffler, and a APC prop. 

Modifications to the plane are straight forward...
Discarded most of the kit hardware, kept the landing gear wire, wheel, and bellcrank.  Replaced the kit pushrod with 3/32" music wire, Dubro 4-40 threaded ends, Rocket City ball links, Sig LARGE nylon horn, Dubro pinned hinges, Sig .021 braided leadouts, brass tubing bushed at the bellcrank, stock eyelets at the wingtip.  J-bolts and rubberbands hold the tank.  No wheel collars were used, soldered washers substituted.  All hardware is either MicroFasteners or Dubro.

It weighs nothing, and the wing was warped out of the box.  Easily fixed by twist and heat method.  Was quick, easy, and a good home for a OS 20.  I put in the order Wednesday, it wasn't supposed to be here till Monday.  It got here yesterday and I started on it last night.  Not counting fabrication of new controls, epoxy setup time, etc it took about 3 hours.  If I'd worked straight through it probably would have taken 4 1/2. 

Offline Andrew Hathaway

• Captain
Re: Did somebody say Pukey Profile?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 11:27:42 PM »
Just for fun, here's a shot of the small gaggle of Flite Streaks.  As one can fairly easily determine I'm a little addicted to the FS.  The ARF is easily picked out of the bunch.  The Red/Blue one is about 12 years old now, a kit Top Flite wing with the rest of the plane built to Skyray 35 numbers.  The Black/Yellow Streak was built by Dad in about 1966.  I restored it last winter to the layout it was in the first time I ever held onto an angry Fox 35, back in about 1987. 

The restoration involved completely fabricating everything new except the wing, rebuilding the wing, removing the aged silk, mixing Sig paint to match vintage Aerogloss Cub Yellow, etc.  I also had to locate an authentic Firecat landing gear and refit the Fox 35 with the correct Fox 36 needle valve that was in it during the late 80's.  Even the prop is authentic for how it was setup.

Offline frank carlisle

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Did somebody say Pukey Profile?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 03:59:27 AM »

Clearly a case of Flite Streak fever.
Frank Carlisle

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here