News:

• April 25, 2024, 07:28:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: cosmic wind minnow  (Read 1161 times)

Offline bob whitney

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
cosmic wind minnow
« on: March 12, 2021, 10:41:14 PM »
anyone have any color photo's of the Bronze and cream cosmic wind Minnow goodyear racer
rad racer

Offline gene poremba

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
Re: cosmic wind minnow
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2021, 03:20:04 AM »

Bob, there is a good picture of Dave Shrums Gold Minnow at the 2015 North West Regionals posted on the Flying lines favorite planes site in the November- December 2015 gallery......Gene

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2021, 03:36:21 AM »
Sporting Graphics and paint masks by CFC Graphics. And that's me!!

An award winning model!!

EDIT!  That's NOT me, I'm CFC Graphics is what I meant.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 12:07:02 PM by Avaiojet »
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2021, 01:12:38 PM »
thanks
rad racer

Offline Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2021, 05:03:19 PM »
Sporting Graphics and paint masks by CFC Graphics. And that's me!!

An award winning model!!

EDIT!  That's NOT me, I'm CFC Graphics is what I meant.

I am also interested in the color of the Cosmic Wind Minnow.  Yes, we know the color was bronze with cream trim. What I would like to see is a color picture of the actual airplane, not a model.  Or, as alternative, what reference was used by the builder of the model in your photographs to document the colors? 

Keith

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2021, 09:32:23 AM »
I am also interested in the color of the Cosmic Wind Minnow.  Yes, we know the color was bronze with cream trim. What I would like to see is a color picture of the actual airplane, not a model.  Or, as alternative, what reference was used by the builder of the model in your photographs to document the colors? 

Keith

I have no idea, you'll have to ask him. My responsibility was correct graphics, or as close as one could get.

Professionals, especially those who do Color Management for business, as I did, know quite well a color photo taken in the morning sunshine will look different than a photo taken at 5:00 PM. same object but the appearance of two values of the same color. Not difficult to understand at all. Well, not for me.

So, the first question for a die hard scale enthusiasts is, how many values of bronze/copper paint color are there AND what was going on with paint when the Minnow was painted?

Second question, who or what company painted the Minnow? A color chip is the secrete.

The "Secret lies with Charlotte" and "Could it really be that simple?"

Both lines from, National treasure.
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Steve_Pollock

• 2019 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2021, 09:47:25 AM »
In collecting aircraft pictures, the only COLOR photo of the Minnow in its bronze and cream coloring is the arrached photo below, part of the collection at Photovault.com.  To obtain an un-watermarked picture, you have to join Photovault, but this sample image gives a reasonable idea of the color scheme.  I have no way of knowing how the color has been affected since it was taken -- I think in the late '40s.  The Minnow was airframe c/n 102, and a brief history of this plane is also included below.

Offline Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2021, 01:28:34 PM »
In collecting aircraft pictures, the only COLOR photo of the Minnow in its bronze and cream coloring is the arrached photo below, part of the collection at Photovault.com.  To obtain an un-watermarked picture, you have to join Photovault, but this sample image gives a reasonable idea of the color scheme.  I have no way of knowing how the color has been affected since it was taken -- I think in the late '40s.  The Minnow was airframe c/n 102, and a brief history of this plane is also included below.

Steve,

Thanks for that.  Very helpful.

Keith

Offline Bob Heywood

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2021, 05:19:40 PM »
Photos mined from the Society of Air Racing Historians FB group...
"Clockwise Forever..."

Offline Bob Heywood

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2021, 05:34:44 PM »
Decent scale line drawing...
"Clockwise Forever..."

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here