News:

• April 26, 2024, 09:39:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Classic photos and stories.  (Read 1084 times)

Offline Airacobra

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Classic photos and stories.
« on: December 01, 2006, 09:04:51 AM »
Recently on this site as well as others there have been several topics that have really grabbed my attention. I have really enjoyed reading about Gene Schaffers Hallmark and there have been some other topics I have found interesting as well dealing with the history of our sport. I was born in the fine year of 1966, so of course I grew up looking at my fathers old model airplane magazines and they really grabbed my full attention. Unfortunately, back in those days, color photographs were not in many magazine which really left me thinking about those airplanes and their appearance. With the advent of the internet and the forums such as this, you guys have periodically been posting photos in your collections and they really are better than anything I have ever seen. I hope to encourage you guys to continue posting these photos of time past, they really get me thinking about new designs and frankly it is great to hear the stories from those who were there. I can remember a few years ago Wynn Paul attended our contest and he brought along with him the history of stunt collection books, I don't know what he really calls it, but I remeber sitting down and getting lost in Stunt Heaven for several hours. I wish I would have had a full weekend to take it all in, but what I got was sure awesome.  <=
Keith Bryant

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here