News:

• May 06, 2024, 06:52:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: C/L in Asheville, NC?  (Read 1127 times)

Offline Mark Coffin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
C/L in Asheville, NC?
« on: March 02, 2010, 08:29:59 AM »
I wasn't sure where to post this...but are there C/L flyers in the Asheville, NC area? 

My dad recently surprised me with a couple of my old C/L stunters from my teenage years (70s).  A Ringmaster JR w/ a Fox 15 and Baby Ringmaster with Cox .049.  I was wondering if there are C/L clubs near the Asheville, NC area or folks on here from there?  It'd be fun to get these birds back up in the air!  The Ringmaster JR only needs some recovering. 

My dad also has an old Goldberg Buster that I'm going to repair/restore for him for his 70th birthday this year.  He'd like to get back in the air after many years away.  A picture of it in its current state is below. 

Thanks,

Mark

Offline Larry Fulwider

• Commander
Re: C/L in Asheville, NC?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 09:43:20 AM »
We have a great field in Huntersville, NC. Two paved circles and one grass circle, and an active club (Metrolina Control Line Society. Probably around a two hour trip for you, depending on where you are around Asheville.

We have two contests each year, the first being May 1st and 2nd. Great bunch of folks, several of whom are StuntHanger regulars (Pat Robinson, Will Davis, Ray Copeland, Howard Shenton, Alex Givan, Ed Ruane, Rod Lamer, and Bob Zambelli)

The field is a couple of miles east of exit 23 on I-77 -- Address:

15401 Holbrooks Rd
  Huntersville, NC 28078

-- so you can plug it into Mapquest or some such and get the travel time / distance / directions.

If you want to check out the field, or fly, give one of the above (or me) a call or e-mail. We're all in the directory here. C'mon down and join us for some flying or story-swapping  y1

Larry Fulwider

Offline Mark Coffin

• New Pilot
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 05:33:33 PM »
Thank you, Larry!  My dad lives in Dobson, just off I-77.  Maybe I can talk him into a trip down to your field sometime!

Mark

Offline Will Davis

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 06:15:03 PM »
Mark,

Let us know when you will be down we will be sure to meet you at the field for some flying ,

Will
Will Davis
"Carolina Gang"

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 11:37:26 PM »
Hi Mark,

I was born in Asheville, but that was a few years ago.  ;D

The Metroliner guys are a really great bunch.  And they will help in any way possible.  I have been a member off and on, but the field is just a touch too far away, and I forgot to join this year!

Big Bear
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Mark Coffin

• New Pilot
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 08:02:48 AM »
Thanks guys!  Dad's 70th birthday is in July and my plan is to have the planes ready to fly by then. 

Mark

Offline Alex Givan

• Ensign
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 03:19:30 PM »
  Hey Mark- 

Hope you can make your way out to the field soon.  We MLCS guys are out at the Wamer site a good bit. Saturdays we sometimes have Four or more at the two paved and one grass circle, with a bunch of flying going on.

If you are planning a trip out to the field I will bring out the club trainers and have them ready for you.  We have a Shoestring type and a FliteStreak trainer. These two we can let you take to the air and brush the rust off your flying skills before you take up your own.

-   Alex

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here