News:

• May 10, 2024, 04:24:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Canopies  (Read 760 times)

Offline Bill Sawyer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Canopies
« on: October 01, 2006, 11:11:50 AM »
Recently there has been some question as to whether I am doing a professional job in producing the canopies I make. I will let you decide.

This is a picture of the canopy molding machine that I designed from a commercial machine. I had it sized and shaped to produce model airplane canopies up to 15" long. There is storage for some of my canopy molds ( the most used ones ) on the lower shelf. It stands 5 1/2 feet tall and is 2 feet square. Not shown is the pump system that produces a vaccum.

I had the welding done and then I painted and assembled the rest of it. Since I am qualified to do electrical work I did that also. The mold sits on the wooden shelf and is cranked up into the softened material where a vaccum forms the material into shape.

I currenty produce over 30 different canopies. Some are exact copies of old kit canopies while others are produced to replace ones like the Super Duper Zilch that had to be sewed or glued together. I have made copies of free flight sail plane and R/C canopies also. I have shipped canopies to Canada, England, Taiwan and one will shortly be going to South Africa. I have produced canopies for kit maker(S) some of which I will no longer work for.
Bill Sawyer
AMA 53987
Windancer Models

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
Re: Canopies
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 03:41:18 PM »
Say What??????

Can't believe anyone that has seen one of your canopies would question anything..

Offline Shawn Kuntz

• Lieutenant
  • Ringmasters Forever!
Re: Canopies
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 08:34:33 PM »
Here's my Bill Sawyer Canopy on my recently restored Ringmaster built back in the early 1980's.  Well worth the $3.50 he charged me.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 06:23:00 AM by Shawn »
Shawn Kuntz
Bismarck, North Dakota USA

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here