News:

• April 26, 2024, 10:24:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brodak web site - issues?  (Read 1929 times)

Offline Keith Miller

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Brodak web site - issues?
« on: May 31, 2019, 03:28:13 PM »
Are any of you having issues accessing the Brodak web site? My internet security software is blocking brodak.com due to a TROJAN-PSW infection (Password Stealing Ware). (an "no", I'm not going to disable my protection...)

And if so, might any of you know if Brodak is even aware? I tried calling, but the east-west coast time zone thing got in the way (I believe they're closed).

I'm sending them an email too. I hope it's something they can clean up quickly.

Offline BillP

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Brodak web site - issues?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 03:44:35 PM »
I just went to Brodak's site at 5:40 pm and no problems. I have Bitdefender and it's pretty good at keeping my pc clean so either the site was fixed or Bitdefender didn't catch it.
Bill P.

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 04:29:11 PM »
  Search the forum here, as I remember them having a problem in recent weeks. They were not aware of it and a customer brought it to their attention. Might not have gotten to the root of the problem. A phone call to them would be a good idea.
   Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Dave Harmon

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
  • Tulsa Glue Dobbers C/L and R/C Clubs
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 08:56:54 PM »
The Brodak site is still bad at 9:54pm CST.
Same TROJAN-PSW infection detected by my Kaspersky.

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 08:28:45 AM »
12 hrs later....0925 here Sat morning....Brodak site fully functional for me

Win 10, Chrome, AVG
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Dave Harmon

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019, 09:38:23 AM »
The Brodak site is still bad....same problem at 1037 Saturday 6/1

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2019, 09:41:43 AM »
then Dave it is your setup and computer....they are up and running normal

including starting as HTTP and then to HTTPS for check out

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Dave Harmon

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2019, 09:43:01 AM »
I just spoke with Patty at Brodak and the website problem has been previously reported and is being worked on right now.
Fred.....you're wrong.

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2019, 10:01:07 AM »
Hey Dave if I can put a Ringmaster and other stuff in my cart and pay...how the hell am I wrong?

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Dave Harmon

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2019, 10:15:34 AM »
Hey Dave if I can put a Ringmaster and other stuff in my cart and pay...how the hell am I wrong?

Hey Fred....if I can go to any other website without a problem.....how the hell am I wrong??
Oh by the way......Patty said they have a problem with the website.
Take a break....

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2019, 11:51:29 AM »
hey Dave you be missing the point....certain configurations that do NOT include certain off standard combinations of computer programs work perfectly fine with MOST online vendors

I do not dispute that Brodak"s web site does NOT work for YOU.....that is all....

again....AVG/WIN 10/CHROME....WORKS PERFECTLY!

that is all....sir....you can comply, complain, or argue but mostly it is your non standard system you are asking a small company with little to no IP staff to accommodate....

In 1981 I hand built my first computer a Timex Sinclair Z80 later a Z 81 and yet pater a IBM clone...I ran one of the first ever Bulletin Board Services ( BBS) (( not really a precursor to the internet but still analogias)) in the area

I bet you are one of less than 100 people who needs Brodak  MFG .com  to mess with their online presence to accommodate.....or you could change and be happy

Been on Win 10, AVG, and Chrome since they were introduced....never hacked....Jest saying

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Dave Harmon

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2019, 02:17:47 PM »
hey Dave you be missing the point....certain configurations that do NOT include certain off standard combinations of computer programs work perfectly fine with MOST online vendors

I do not dispute that Brodak"s web site does NOT work for YOU.....that is all....

again....AVG/WIN 10/CHROME....WORKS PERFECTLY!

that is all....sir....you can comply, complain, or argue but mostly it is your non standard system you are asking a small company with little to no IP staff to accommodate....

In 1981 I hand built my first computer a Timex Sinclair Z80 later a Z 81 and yet pater a IBM clone...I ran one of the first ever Bulletin Board Services ( BBS) (( not really a precursor to the internet but still analogias)) in the area

I bet you are one of less than 100 people who needs Brodak  MFG .com  to mess with their online presence to accommodate.....or you could change and be happy

Been on Win 10, AVG, and Chrome since they were introduced....never hacked....Jest saying

Fred.....you are simply startling me with your advanced computer knowledge!!
Just so you will know and can possibly think of something else to insult me with......I'm running the same system as you mentioned and just for kicks I also tried another browser....Edge.
No difference except the AV.
Now....before you jump on me about the Kasperski AV I am using.....
Several days ago it was not detecting a trojan on the Brodak site.....now it is....and so are other folks.
This trojan problem has happened before on the Brodak site.....not criticizing them at all....and my and other folks computers AV detected the trojan back then as well.
Then the Brodak folks got their website fixed.....then no more trojan detection here.
I would rather have the AV detect a problem than have some other AV that does NOT detect a problem.
I say again that I spoke with Patty on the phone at 9:35am this morning 6/1/19 and before I could ask about it she said they have a website problem and they have people working on it.
I expect the rest of the gang has refilled their popcorn boxes by now so if you have any more criticism or insults lets hear it now.

Offline Keith Miller

• Commander
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2019, 04:49:17 PM »
Still blocked for me (Kaspersky is my internet security and antivirus protection choice). But then again, it IS a weekend...

Offline BillP

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2019, 06:29:24 PM »
This is weird. I had Kaspersky and Bitdefender on two identical pcs at the same time. Bitdefender detected way more so I dropped Kaspersky. Now Bitdefender isn't detecting anything on the Brodak site. Sometimes BD only blocks the virus from getting into your pc but lets you surf the site. Other times it totally blocks and asks if you want to continue or go back to safety. Either way it logs the events and puts a flag up so you can check the list and web site name.
Bill P.

Dwayne

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2019, 05:42:55 AM »
Very strange indeed, Norton started blocking Brodak yesterday saying something about formjacking, I sent an email to Brodak to let them know.

Offline Pepe Llopis

• 2019 supporter
  • New Pilot
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2019, 03:36:44 PM »

Offline Pepe Llopis

• 2019 supporter
  • New Pilot
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2019, 03:46:21 PM »
And the site is blacklisted by Norton Safe Web

https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=www.brodak.com

Sorry...

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2019, 04:40:47 PM »
Yes,
It is also blacklisted on my computer

Offline JamesSims

• New Pilot
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2019, 06:06:30 PM »
At our monthly meeting last night, a member stated he had contacted Brodak about the website issue and they told him the site had been "compromised". They recommended to "make phone orders only" until the issue is resolved. I've been on the site several times just to look at the catalogue so I could place an order through our LHS. It has been showing as "Not Secure". Since the LHS places orders via phone...no problem. Maybe a phone call is better for now. Just sayin'.
-JB
AMA118742
TORKS member
Tom Jones Memorial Model Airfield, OKC

Dwayne

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2019, 07:40:43 PM »
At our monthly meeting last night, a member stated he had contacted Brodak about the website issue and they told him the site had been "compromised". They recommended to "make phone orders only" until the issue is resolved. I've been on the site several times just to look at the catalogue so I could place an order through our LHS. It has been showing as "Not Secure". Since the LHS places orders via phone...no problem. Maybe a phone call is better for now. Just sayin'.

Just got an E-mail from Kendall, she said a new site will be up and running on the 18th in the mean time anyone wishing to place an order can do so by phone or e-mail.

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2019, 01:10:16 PM »
I just read on facebook where someone had their credit card compromised on Brodak's website to the tune of $6000.00.  He was able to recover it but they did hack into it.  I have NOD32 Antivirus that a lot of companies use and when I just went to the website, it brought up an alert and blocked the threat, whatever it was.  There definitely is an issue there,

Mike

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2019, 09:34:37 AM »
With apologies to Dave Harmon I recommend reading this link and DO not click the included links

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3329197-Brodak-com

inside Brodak web site is a link to a known scam site that sone  AV programs are tagging

other AV do not let you visit any non secure site

as Mike said there are a few reports of credit card hacks after a Brodak purchase....I tend to think these are coincidence but admit that is just a gut....Brodak site is HTTPS for the cart and purchase

I also know for me if I enter the HTTP front menu and LOG in it switches To HTTPS..Perhaps this is why I checked out got my stuff and did not get hacked

any way Dave forgive my arrogance

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Carl Cisneros

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2019, 12:22:27 PM »
Looks like the new Brodak site is now up  and running.
Shows https and the layout has been changed some what for ordering.

Carl
Carl R Cisneros, Dist IV
Control Line RB

Offline Pepe Llopis

• 2019 supporter
  • New Pilot
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2019, 03:21:53 PM »

Yes, but the Brodak Sysadm must contact Norton because the site is still blacklisted, is clean but Norton must re evaluate the web site to remove it from the Norton blacklist.

https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=www.brodak.com

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here