News:

• May 03, 2024, 12:44:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brodak Fly In Weather  (Read 1338 times)

Offline Joe Messinger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Brodak Fly In Weather
« on: June 17, 2009, 09:05:55 PM »
I didn't make it over to Brodak's today (I live about 30 miles from there) but the weather today has been very unsettled.  Severe thunderstorm warnings issued for that area.  Also, tornado warnings and a tornado reported not far from Carmichael's, PA.  I hope the worst of that weather missed Brodak's. 

The weather for the rest of the week doesn't look too bad with only a chance of rain and thunderstorms predicted for the next three days.

Joe
Joe Messinger

Offline Steve Fitton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Brodak Fly In Weather
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 10:19:23 PM »
I tried my realtime source(s) at the field at Brodak's this evening for a weather report, but, it seems they were too inebriated to be able to give an accurate description of the conditions....!  So, even if it rained, I think they enjoyed themselves.
Steve

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 04:27:29 AM »
So far so good, rained yesterday AM but once it cleared out they were able to get all the flights in. Right now it's clear but they are expecting rain tonight. Just keeping our fingers crossed. Usually it's just pop-up storms that only delay flying for a bit then clears off and is great. Wind hasn't really been an issue at all...

Offline Ron King

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 05:52:19 AM »
I had to leave right after the events Tuesday and got hit with some heavy showers on the late drive home. I was worried looking at the radar yesterday, but it looked like the front moved through and you should have fairly good weather for a few days.

Bob, it was great to meet you and Elwyn. I grew up in Tulsa and will always consider that my home.

Hope to see you guys again next year and I hope I can stay a little longer, too.  :##

Ron
Ron King
AMA AVP District 4
Wannabe Stunt Pilot since 1963
 Amateurs practice until they get it right; Pros practice until they cannot get it wrong.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here