News:

• April 26, 2024, 11:13:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: BRODAK ARF/ARC VECTOR .40 is here  (Read 4822 times)

Offline frank carlisle

• 2013 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
BRODAK ARF/ARC VECTOR .40 is here
« on: April 13, 2006, 12:07:55 PM »

For the last 5 months the folks at the Brodak Hobby Shop have been telling me that the ARF Vector 40 would be here in two weeks. GUESS WHAT?.....Two weeks are up!

I'm a Brodak Dealer and have my first five coming to me next week.

Can anyone guess where I'll be sticking my AXI motor? And don't say up my.............
Frank Carlisle

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
Re: BRODAK ARF/ARC VECTOR .40 is here
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 12:22:40 PM »
Frank:  Who would suggest such a thing? j1
Leester
ama 830538

Offline frank carlisle

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 03:39:26 PM »

Yeah right Lee-------this is the internet.

Anyhow I think the Vector is the first full body modern stunter to get produced as an ARF. I wonder how it will fly. Brodak's been getting better covering on them all the time.
I'm also curious about if the stars and trim as seen in the catalog will be the same on the actual model.

I'll be selling them locally for $120. I could probably ship them at retail and manage to cover the postage.

I'll convert one of them to electric. Usually I end up with the one that no one else wants

Is there anyone reading this that has or had a Vector? I'd like to hear how it works. :).
Frank Carlisle

Offline Jay

• Commander
  • 1 Cross +3 Nails= 4 Given
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 05:31:24 PM »
I thought the Top Flight Score counted as the first full bodied stunter to be produced?  In any case I am sure it is a winner.  Good luck with your sales Frank.  Bring one out to Flint for all the guys to man-handle.

Jay
My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.
Albert Einstein

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 05:41:44 PM »
Frank: I just checked SShobbies site, Joe has it listed at 125.99 only 4.00 less than retail, then you add shipping. x:
Leester
ama 830538

Offline frank carlisle

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 06:18:47 PM »

I'm really a crappy business man Lee. Here at home when the guys order stuff I just charge them the catalog price on the items. They get to skip paying for the shipping.
I'm still selling Brodak products for the proper price so I don't degrade the value of the merchandise and yet I save the guys a little money on the shipping.
It's pretty much a break even proposition for me. I benefit by being able to get my own stuff at dealer rates. And I order and sell more stuff than most hobby shops ( o.k. all hobby shops) and that keeps J.B. thinking I'm worth keeping on as a dealer.
And like I said earlier I'm not making money at this, but I'm not losing either. And the Detroit guys get to see the new ARFs right away.

That's the way I rationalize this thing..............OH Yeah.......go look on the Brodak site under dealers, I'm really there!  Black Hawk Models and Cooper's Fuels too.

I know you've heard this joke before but it fits too good here not to use it.

THE BEST WAY TO BECOME A MILLIONAIRE IN THE HOBBY BUSINESS IS TO START OUT AS A MULTI_MILLIONARE. y1
Frank Carlisle

Offline Jay

• Commander
  • 1 Cross +3 Nails= 4 Given
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 07:02:24 PM »
THE BEST WAY TO BECOME A MILLIONAIRE IN THE HOBBY BUSINESS IS TO START OUT AS A MULTI_MILLIONAIRE.

I always thought the best way to become a Millionaire is to work or your second million first...
My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.
Albert Einstein

Offline Sam Laughery

• ACE
  • Commander
    • laurelhighlandsrc.com
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 09:49:07 PM »
Frank,

It has all the stars, etc. just like the pictures.  It comes in 5 colors.  I think the dif colors are only on the wing leading edge and a stipe on the fuselage.  Looks pretty good.

Sam

Offline Perry Pelham

• New Pilot
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 02:20:21 PM »
Is the ARF setup for a pipe or standard exhaust?

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2006, 02:28:44 PM »
I thought the Top Flight Score counted as the first full bodied stunter to be produced?  In any case I am sure it is a winner.  Good luck with your sales Frank.  Bring one out to Flint for all the guys to man-handle.

Jay

I thought the Oriental and the Smoothie were full fuse models. Guess I'll have to go and get rid of them.
Dennis

Offline frank carlisle

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 02:49:09 PM »
I believe the Oriental and Smoothie are Classic or Olde Tyme models. And the Score has not yet been released for public sales. The Nobler is Classic Area.
If these  things are true then the Vector would be the first full bodied "MODERN" stunter to be released.
Frank Carlisle

Offline Sam Laughery

• ACE
  • Commander
    • laurelhighlandsrc.com
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2006, 04:33:46 PM »
Frank,

Sorry, my mistake, no stars.  All else is like the pic.  Just like the Vector John built and has hanging in his hobby shop.  The only downer so far is that the cowl needs a lot of carving.  That will take some time.  Looks like I won't be flying it tomorrow.

Sam

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2006, 04:41:54 PM »
THE BEST WAY TO BECOME A MILLIONAIRE IN THE HOBBY BUSINESS IS TO START OUT AS A MULTI_MILLIONAIRE.

I always thought the best way to become a Millionaire is to work or your second million first...

You know I started out with Nothing. I still have most of it left. %^
AMA 12366

Offline frank carlisle

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2006, 08:53:11 PM »
Ah Robert,
Frugality is the key to success.
My daddy always told me that it could take years of failure to achieve total defeat. So far it looks like he was pretty much right.   j1         y1 y1 y1 y1 y1 y1 y1
Frank Carlisle

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here