News:

• April 26, 2024, 08:13:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Blackhawk Models  (Read 1675 times)

Offline peter_gibbons

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
Blackhawk Models
« on: September 01, 2006, 10:53:36 AM »
Hey there everyone... Just wanted to let everyone know that I got my SE5 and Goldenhawk kits today for the Musciano fly in for Kalamazoo MI. The kits are better than I ever expected. The SE5's laser cutting is awesome. The only problem is, the parts keep falling out of the sheet  :D (Sorry, I just finished my original Stuntman 23 kit and am not used to the quality of kits these days). I'll take one of these over the old stuff anyday of the week. No matter what good 'ole memories there are with the goldberg/sterling kits, I'm done with that old die crunching.

Ryan

Thanks to Frank Carlisle for getting these out as quick as he did so I have time to get them built before the end of Sept.

Offline Leroy Heikes

• ACE
  • Commander
Re: Blackhawk Models
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 10:59:48 AM »
Ryan;
    We look forward to seeing you there. Now if only I can get my DR-1 to fly. I have given up on the OK Cub engine. It just doesn't have enough power to pull all that drag through the air. I have a baby bee ready to mount. I also have an Army Racer ready for paint. And just finished getting the plans all set for scratch building a p-47.

Leroy

Offline peter_gibbons

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 11:20:13 AM »
Who's p-47?  I was torn between the golden hawk and the army racer, that thing just look cool

Offline Leroy Heikes

• ACE
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 11:25:15 AM »
Ryan;
   I have the plans drawn up by Walt Musciano for the old Scientific Kit. It is just like the Army Racer and Golden Hawk with a Hollow log for a fuselage. and an 18" wingspan. The BHM kits have a triangle shaped piece for the wings this one has a flat wing.

Leroy

Offline Leroy Heikes

• ACE
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 11:44:44 AM »
Ryan;
    Here is the link to were you can find the address for plans http://www.flyingaces.us/musciano.html.

Leroy

Offline frank carlisle

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 06:57:44 AM »
You guys are getting way ahead of me.
I haven't run any 1/2 A engines or flown (even once) any of the 1/2 A models I have.
DANG!!

What fuel do you guys use? I mean nitro & oil content.
Frank Carlisle

Offline peter_gibbons

• Ensign
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 11:59:39 AM »
I just run cool power 4 cycle (castor/synthetic blend) 10%.  Other folks load theirs down with 25% nitro but Im not on the cutting edge competition either. Just and average Joe.

Offline minnesotamodeler

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • Me and my Chief Engineer
    • Minnesotamodeler
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2006, 04:21:25 PM »
15% nitro, Frank.  I do run around 25%-26% castor since I use it in my old Fox too; runs a little sloppy but  the Norvels/Coxes seem to thrive on it.

--Ray

P.S. A certain some of those 1/2As you really oughtta get in the air!!
--Ray 
Roseville MN (St. Paul suburb, Arctic Circle)
AMA902472

Offline Leroy Heikes

• ACE
  • Commander
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 07:49:10 AM »
Frank;
    We are going to provide fuel for the event. It is 35% nitro and you'll have to ask Rich what percent oil. The Lansing guys get it straight from Fox.

Leroy

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here