News:

• May 04, 2024, 04:24:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Balsa Beavers MAC  (Read 599 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Balsa Beavers MAC
« on: October 24, 2017, 12:41:51 PM »
While going through the Ringmaster forum and looking at some You Tube videos noticed some videos of the Balsa Beavers build of SIG Buster and Shoestring.   So I went to their site to se if there were rules as I was not on the lap top, so no sound.  While on their site I noticed they have an anniversary dinner coming up on November 19th which is said to be their 60th.   I think some of their group were at Brodaks the year I was there.  Any way I want to say congrats to them as they have been around as long as I have flown CL. H^^ #^ #^ #^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Balsa Beavers MAC
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 12:43:27 PM »
Their youtube channel consists of I think 5 videos of doing goodtear racing with the buster and shoestrings. Pretty cool stuff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline John McFayden

• Commander
Re: Balsa Beavers MAC
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 03:25:23 PM »
The Balsa Beavers LA .15 Scale Race Rules can be found on the Balsa Beaver Information Page in the right hand side of the page Rules Section G - 3.17. This event was developed as a replacement to the LA .25 Sport Race when the LA .25 went off the market. Two key features are that only the SIG Buster or Shoestring can be used ( with no modifications ) and the pool of LA .15's are all club owned and are drawn randomly prior to each event. This keeps the engines Stock.

http://www.balsabeavers.com/information/rules/cl_rules_g0317_racing.pdf

This was the first year for the event and things went very well. Since the engines are all the same all entries have similar lap times and the team work between pilot and pit man making the difference. Very competitive from the everyone has the same chance to win point of view.

The final race for the season was a 500 Lap Marathon. The winning team completed the race in about 31 minutes.

John McFayden

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here