News:

• May 05, 2024, 06:03:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Balance point Brodak Skyraider  (Read 700 times)

Offline Jack R. Dock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Balance point Brodak Skyraider
« on: April 27, 2009, 01:48:27 PM »
Finishing up a Brodak AD Skyraider (my first Carrier plane) and was wondering if anyone had an idea of where the balance point might be?  Its a nice kit for a "mash cut" but neither the instruction manual or the plans tell you where the balance point is.  I have put every thing on it to check the balance and it appears to be right on the leading edge of the wing.  That's a bit nose heavy by my standards but this is my first one and I know they fly a bit different than I am use to in the "slow mode".  Little help some one with experience (how about it Doc?).

Jack Dock
AMA 7210
Keep the shiny side up  --  Jack AMA 7210

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Balance point Brodak Skyraider
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 08:17:50 AM »
When I built the Brodak Mauler I built it as close to box stock as I could.   Never chacked the balance point.  Second flight on the plane with Fox 35 Stunt I put it thru the pattern.  When I got the Brodak 25 I put it on the plane to finish breaking it in.  It wound up being Emmy's plane until Tulsa last year. 

Ever since I started in this crazy hobby, every thing read said no more than 25 % of the chord for the balance point.  The P-39 is the first plane that came out so nose heavy it would not turn a sharp corner.  Flite Streaks were quick on controls even when a little nose heavy.  Of course they had Fox Combat Specials on them. 

Try the first flight and then adjust accordingly.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here