News:

• April 27, 2024, 12:14:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: BadAss: Asking for Advice  (Read 1033 times)

Offline Peter Germann

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
BadAss: Asking for Advice
« on: November 24, 2023, 04:41:53 AM »
I wish to use the BadAss 3515-710 14P motor, driven by a "Igor System"  in my new project "Replica" for 2024. As all of my so far very good experiences with the Igor System comes from using it with the AXI 2826/13 F2B motor I feel a bit unsafe when it comes to program both, the Jeti ESC and the Igor Timer/Controller.

Attached is a list of projected setup data and I am asking for comments / suggestions on the numbers I plan to use.

Thank you and best regards,
Peter
Peter Germann

Offline Mike Scholtes

• Admiral
Re: BadAss: Asking for Advice
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2023, 02:49:04 PM »
Hello Peter:
I am using a BadAss 3515-710 motor in a Starlight model, with Spin 66 and Igor V. 2.3 timer with accelerometer. The best source of advice of course is Igor himself. His "Max Bee" website has an article titled "Programming for Jeti Spin ESC used with constant throttle  timer or active timer" that is very helpful. The ESC and timer are both programmed using the Jeti box, just by connecting the leads from ESC to set it, then connecting the timer lead to the Jeti box to set the timer parameters. It took me a while to figure out how to use it, but once you learn how to use it, setting or changing parameters is very simple. Remove the prop whenever the ESC and timer have power connected, unless you have an assistant to hold the plane and always keep away from the prop arc. The 35i5 is heavier than the 2826 so the CG will be affected. I am using Thunder Power 2800 5-cell batteries.

The settings you propose to use are a good starting point. Most Starlight flyers are using 20m Ukraine .0145 3-strand lines, and lap times in 5.3-5.5 range. Igor suggests slow level laps, since the airspeed will increase in maneuvers when the accelerometer kicks in. Igor suggests sensitivity around 60, maybe a little more. I am using 60 and there is only a small boost in power. I tried 70 but it was too much. I am using 161 as target throttle, with 5.3 laps on 20m lines. The target throttle that is "right" probably depends on the particular model, so 148 may be good for your new model. Igor also has an article titled "iAcc Timer 2.0" that covers installation and how to set up the ESC and timer, though it is for an earlier version timer than the one Igor now produces.

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2023, 03:19:22 PM »
I am also using the 3515-710 BadAss.  You are going to like it.  I use the Fiorotti timer so I am restricting my comment to the low voltage cutoff.  If you use Li-Ion batteries that figure may be too high.  We set ours at 2.9.  I have had two instances when the low voltage shutdown kicked in during a maneuver late in the pattern.  2.9 is what is recommended for Li-Ion and changing that setting ended my problems.  If you are using Lipo - never mind.

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Peter Germann

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2023, 03:30:50 AM »
Thank you Mike and Ken
rgds, Peter
Peter Germann

Advertise Here
Tags: your umfrage 

Advertise Here