News:

• May 06, 2024, 05:55:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Aussie Nationals .  (Read 1419 times)

Offline Air Ministry .

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Aussie Nationals .
« on: June 08, 2017, 09:25:47 PM »
The Duel Begins .

Looks like theyve hired the wrong weather maker .

My battle plan is on course ,
Get the Clear on over the silver basecoat before midnight , ( not to mention the silver frosted glasses  )
Tank & wheels & one or two other things to ' complete ' . So Almost Achieveable .  :D
See if the unrun engine goes , and nail together a muffler , and find a bolt on the way , tomorrow .
Might try & fit in dinner tonite , too . Also check if the float planes wing is still warping .
( the Engine in that is unrun too . Put the ST 46 in the Mewgull - maybe . And other things .

Up here its raining again , in the mist . HOWS things looking down there .
Should we get the P.M. to fire the Weather Forecasters .
 S?P H^^

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Aussie Nationals .
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 10:20:03 AM »
Where are you located now?
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline PJ Rowland

• AUS - 29541 AMA - 809970
  • Admiral
  • Melbourne - AUSTRALIA
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 03:01:16 PM »
Im here and its raining ...
If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” - Bruce Lee.

I Yearn for a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Offline Alan Resinger

• Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 04:55:42 PM »
That has to be a joke PJ.  It never rains down there.

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 10:30:25 PM »
Apparently Friday , Practise , they all basked in sunshine . Cats and dogs overnight 9 Otherwise known as p...ing down ,
Theyve Postponed to Tomorrow ( Sunday ) in deferance to avoiding requiring gumboots .

Drove Down , a few minutes respite here saw the car loaded , before I swithed on the wipers and headed of ,
At the bottom of the hill ( Sydney Basin / plains ?? ) the rain stopped and there were a few light pathes in the dark ominous cloudladen atmosphere .
But 10 - 12:00 at the field , sat the plane out to gas off a bit .

Back in cloud here , & drizle . In the Mountains , rained all night steady .

A Dozen od entrants in F2B . Said it was raining out at the coast  ( Kuringai - K.M.F.C.  ) all day Friday

WHERE ?
at 0:23 you can catch a glimpse of a green tank at white car left of centre , & two white shirts , On The Circle .

But Thats the regular club site. The Champs , & Nats are held 1/2 K over to the right , with the facilities there .

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 10:35:05 PM »
Sorry about that. map wouldnt post , and cant delete , or find pictures of field / facilities .

Offline Steve Thomas

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 11:16:00 PM »
Here's how it looked this morning. A real shame - the rain had stopped (at least for a while) and there wasn't much wind. Problem is that while the field itself looks ok, it's actually sodden, and the centres of the circles would've turned into a quagmire. Let's hope things are a bit drier tomorrow.

Offline Brian Gardner

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 12:28:52 AM »
It was still a good chance to catch up with old friends. Shame about the water. I'd have liked to watch a few flights.

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2017, 11:32:33 PM »
Right , not a bad day , Sunday- - Light ' drift ' for wind , tho variably directional . No Rain. Damp Underfoot .

For Me , total disaster. More Anon .

P. J. 4th in open . Wouldve maybe taken Concouse , if theyed had that , omly the Trabants compared , one of which won open , Electric I think .

After a all nighter Friday on the Typoon , thought it inadviseable to disolve the hastilly applied finish , so left it in the shed ( a few days now & the wrinkles are disapearing. mostly .
A strong premonition Sat Night to shorten the wing flaps on the High A/R Mewgull ( 8 5/8 : 1 ) Id Ignored . Someone said something about this very thing on a A / r post recently . Handle about 20 deg. 10 up 10 down & hair trigger responce . Tends to drop the inner wing if you slam on more . Some twit did a reasonable sloppy high bottoms flight ( round two ) on it . Then tried a cut of loop or two ( foolish - Id had a hand launch. The field was like a sand dune reclamation scheme ( Kaikuia )
with a mower run over it . Unsuitable for spatted wheels . P.J. had had one rotate on one flight. No doubt caught , but the 76 pulled it o.k. vertical .

Thus , two large loops & Full Up , had a sumersault , & dive in from a great hight .  mw~ mw~ mw~ Soft Ground & it didnt hit a rock .
Fairly totaled , Ineer wing splt off aft of spar & at C/S . outer similar . Center Fuselage kaput .  The periferal intake clogged with glutonous goop .

HOWEVER ' some twit ' now has the wing back in one piece  , needs Patches but aligned / faired in o.k. . avoisding glueing the leadouts was a issue .
May fit new ones thru . Will do new flap horns . Intrestingly the rear fuse/ empenage - If I hold one elevator securely & push the pushrod firmly I get 5/8 movement at the t.e. on the other elevator .  :( Needless to say Itll get another - 1./ 8 " flap horn now . Ditto on the flaps . Been Meaning to do this anyway .
Better Access now .  LL~ :(
Entire Fuse Fwd of t.e.. wouldve been reasembleable , but will do a new fuse with say 1 1/2 or 2 in longer  rear , Should tame the snappyness & groove more like
required .

The P -51 , Both Tanks , and both engines playing up . Usually it dont stop .
However , the 11 x 4 four blade on the Como 51 is excelent . useless on the G 51 . The 11 x 5 ditto , or the 3 blade 10 x 6 is fine on that .
It  was flying well , if the pilot wasnt . :-X
Though same light horns need ditching . Was o.k. in the calm & enjoyable to fly .

Was just getting used to the Mewgull & starting to appreciate it , so not amused at its premature wipe out . Luckilly Id had swecond thoughts & took of a very scarce
12 x 4 u c t Gorrie prop Ive not yet taken a mould from .  Mad enough to see if I can hyave it airbourne again next weekend .

Was a nice if cool day , most enjoyed it . Winters just stared here a week ago . Officially .

Mostly yr standard P A configuration ships & the Yatsenkos .

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here