News:

• May 03, 2024, 07:50:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ATTN: Pete C  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Jimmy R. Jacobs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
ATTN: Pete C
« on: July 22, 2011, 09:05:31 PM »
Hey Pete C!
    I'm having so much fun training my two grandsons.  They are both flying my blue stunt plane now with a ST 50V that I welded muffler lugs on and re-timed the engine for stunt and did not lose any power, and it'll pull with any G 51 I've seen.  It has the sweetest 2/4 break; it almost breaks like one of my ST G21 46 only a little softer.  It sounds so sweet out of a tube muffler.  Wish you were here to see my grandsons fly.  One just completed a Twister and the other is waiting for his Super Clown to come from Brodak.  Both of these planes will fly with LA 40s that I stunt tuned and have a real nice 2/4 break, no run aways. Fuel we're running is Byron 15% bumped to 22% by adding castor and 1 oz of Randy's snake oil.  The Twister flew today for the first time, he flew 5 times, loved the plane and the way the engine runs with the 2/4 break.  They both want to fly every day, even cutting the girl friend a little short!  They'll both be seniors in high school next year and I think they're both addicted to CL flying now!
    Your friend-
Jimmy Jacobs
PS-when are you moving to Farmington??  Could have used your help the last couple of weeks with these grandsons.  They have gone through 4 gallons of fuel these 2 1/2 weeks.  They are starting engines, taking off; everything they have to by themselves and are flying.  Both have flown loops and we only have had 4 crashes (easily repairable).

Offline Balsa Butcher

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • High Desert Flier
Re: ATTN: Pete C
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 10:20:59 PM »
Sounds real good Jimmy and thanks for the shout-out. Sorry I'm not around to help out. We are still getting settled  here in NorCal, Farmington is a few years off I'm afraid but I'm not forgetting you guys by any means. I will continue this through private message. 8)
Pete Cunha
Sacramento CA.
AMA 57499

Offline Clint Ormosen

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 09:53:21 PM »
Too late! I saw this already.

Sooooo........ Moving to Farmington, huh Pete? That's fine. Just go right ahead. Never mind that we just moved all your furnature and stuff back into the Citrus Heights house. No big deal. You want to move away from the Norcal Mecca of C/L, that's entirely your choice. I won't stop you. D>K
-Clint-

AMA 559593
Finding new and innovated ways to screw up the pattern since 1993

Offline Balsa Butcher

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • High Desert Flier
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 10:01:11 PM »
Owwww-that hurts Clint. Well, maybe if we get some decent circles at Woodland...plans can always change.  ::)
Pete Cunha
Sacramento CA.
AMA 57499

Offline Mike Scholtes

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 11:40:26 PM »
So Pete, have you moved back to the Sac area for a while or is this just temporary? The gila monsters will miss you terribly. Reticulated or not.

Look forward to seeing you at local events once again.

Offline Balsa Butcher

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • High Desert Flier
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 11:48:42 PM »
Thanks Mike - maybe see you at the ARF contest/seminar next weekend.  8)
Pete Cunha
Sacramento CA.
AMA 57499

Offline Clint Ormosen

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 02:44:02 AM »
Thanks Mike - maybe see you at the ARF contest/seminar next weekend.  8)

Oh crap. The ARF contest. I forgot about that. Guess I better get the entry to Uncle Jimby this week.
-Clint-

AMA 559593
Finding new and innovated ways to screw up the pattern since 1993

Offline Chuck Feldman

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 06:28:36 AM »
Just curious? Woodland Oregan? Was there for a vacation once. Found the Evergreen facility while there. Saw the circles but no one was there. Tell me about Woodland. Went there to see Mount St Helen's and the Bigfoot sight up the road.

Chuck
Chuck Feldman
AMA 15850

Offline Balsa Butcher

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • High Desert Flier
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 08:13:55 AM »
Actually I meant the late-great C/L-R/C field in Woodland California. We lost it, new field is actually closer to Davis CA and not nearly as nice. Both sites were the built and maintained by the Woodland-Davis Aeromoders club. 8)
Pete Cunha
Sacramento CA.
AMA 57499

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here