News:

• May 05, 2024, 11:17:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ARF Nobler - Classic and Nostalgia 30???  (Read 3106 times)

Online Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
ARF Nobler - Classic and Nostalgia 30???
« on: February 08, 2012, 08:41:20 PM »
Can I fly the Brodak ARF Nobler in both events?

And when will the Flite Streak be eligible for Nostalgia 30?
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Garf

• Admiral
    • Hangar Flying
Re: ARF Nobler - Classic and Nostalgia 30???
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 09:12:50 PM »
Brodak doesn't make an ARF Nobler. Top Flite does.

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 11:44:19 PM »
Brodak doesn't make an ARF Nobler. Top Flite does.

But, for my money, it's qualified for both. I would ding it about 5 fidelity points for the flat stab and funky cowl.

Brett

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 06:49:58 AM »
If you want to know if can you fly both events if the plane qualifies the answer is no. You can only fly one event at Brodak not both. ~^
Ed
Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 08:02:13 AM »
If you want to know if can you fly both events if the plane qualifies the answer is no. You can only fly one event at Brodak not both. ~^
Ed

Hi Ed, (I'm lazy this morning!)

Can you enter separate models in the two events?  I would be against entering the same plane in both events, simply because of the nature of the two events.   Flying th esame model in OTS and Classic is not the same to me.

Anyhoo............

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Online Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 09:06:12 AM »
Hey Big Bear,
I think he is talking about Classic and N30.

I will enter my Top Flite BRF Nobler in Classic and my Flite Streak in N30 !!! #^
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 01:08:12 PM »
Last years rules on Brodak site says pilot must chose only one event. Classic or N-30  n~
http://brodak.com/eventschedule

Which should I enter with My Bearcat? ~^
Ed

Online Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 02:16:33 PM »
Thanks Ed !!!
It's a no brainer then. I will fly my Nobler in Classic..... My Flite Streak would not qualify because it is now a Steak Master. It will not be legal until 30 years after I publish it in a rag. LL~

I just read that at Brodaks I can fly the Nobler in OTS.... <=

So that brings me down to bringing 4 planes. ( 5 if you count our JYW's plane)

Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 02:27:00 PM »
Last years rules on Brodak site says pilot must chose only one event. Classic or N-30  n~

Which should I enter with My Bearcat? ~^
Ed

That would be a no brainer for me, Ed.  I would enter Classic w/ the Bearcat!

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 04:06:06 PM »
Thanks Ed !!!
It's a no brainer then. I will fly my Nobler in Classic..... My Flite Streak would not qualify because it is now a Steak Master. It will not be legal until 30 years after I publish it in a rag. LL~

I just read that at Brodaks I can fly the Nobler in OTS.... <=

So that brings me down to bringing 4 planes. ( 5 if you count our JYW's plane)

Paul,
The Top Flite ARF Nobles is a Rendition of the Green Box (or 57 Nobler) and as such is different than the 52 Nobler and technically should not qualify for OTS.  What they do at Brodak of course is another matter...!!!!!
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Online Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 06:22:56 PM »
Hey Randy,
I'll do what the rules imply.

What they do at Brodaks is have FUN.... and that is why I go. LL~
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2012, 10:21:35 PM »
Hey Randy,
I'll do what the rules imply.

What they do at Brodaks is have FUN.... and that is why I go. LL~

Paul,
Sorry to break it to you but...it's possible to have fun in competition without ignoring all the rules, and/or making them up as you go along!

Try VSC sometime!

Randy C.
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 11:26:38 AM »
Too bad it's not the Brodak Original Nobler kit.   george has verified it is Old Time legal.   Tough break on the ARF Nobler.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2012, 12:26:46 PM »
Paul,
Sorry to break it to you but...it's possible to have fun in competition without ignoring all the rules, and/or making them up as you go along!

Try VSC sometime!

Randy C.
Hey thanks for the invite. VSC is on my bucket list. I do hope to make it someday. I have seen some videos from VSC and it looks like lot of fun.
Cheers
Paul H^^
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 05:51:40 AM »
Hi Ty     You didn't read all the post. I gave this link to Brodak and it says you can only enter one event not both. I would like to enter both with two different planes but I can't. I would use the Juno for N-30 if I could.
Ed f~

Online Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2012, 05:52:46 AM »
Morning Ty.... Ed is also a mind reader. ;D

He knows I am already thinking about going to Brodaks and I was looking at the schedule to try and figure out what planes to bring. He is correct. I forgot that they combine N30 and Classic at Brodaks.
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2012, 05:49:23 PM »
If both events (Classic and Nos .30) are flown on the same circle at the same time with the placings coming out of the scoreboard, then I can see where you would have to choose and declare.  If they were run entirely separate then the choice of entering both with a different plane would be reasonable.

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2012, 07:03:12 PM »
Eighth from the top. Said the same thing and used the same link. I really don't care what anyone does. Just have a good time. I haven't been back in many years so I plan to go this year unless gas goes over $4.00 a gallon. My Explorer has 4/11 gears and mileage is not it's strong point. I can't get the planes in the Mustang. AP^ (PE**)

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2012, 07:14:07 PM »
If they were run entirely separate then the choice of entering both with a different plane would be reasonable.

Or even with the same plane. Unless the sanction and contest announcement limits it (like it is, apparently, at the Brodak contest) then I can't see any reason that you can't enter both events with the same airplane.

Brett

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2012, 08:54:23 PM »
   Brodaks apparently runs their contest the way we do ar our Broken Arrow contes. We have both classes, but fly on the same circle at the same time in front of the same judges, but the classes are separate and you have to declare which class you are entered in. Makes the contest go faster, you only need the one set of judges, and an extra set of awards.
   As much as I like to fly, and I usually enter everything I can, I sometimes wonder if there are too many classes now.  In a way I find the Nostalgia 30 even kind of redundant, as most of the qualifying designs I see people flying are Classic designs with the "double duty design" aspect in mind. And a lot of the N-30 designs could be competitive in PAMPA classes if built and powered correctly, trimmed properly, and the pilot practiced enough. I have brought up the subject with our local club, that after seeing attendance slip at local contests due to the economy, and the stunt community aging and thinning out, we should be prepared and planning our contests accordingly as the demographic of the people who attend contests changes with time. I think it is inevitable until we get the next surge of interested people in the hobby. Control line has gone through peaks and valleys over the years, and stunt especially has enjoyed a steep, steady increase in participants over the last 20 years. But for each peak there is a valley on the other side and I just think I'm seeing the obvious.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2012, 07:57:43 AM »
I have noticed that the last couple of years.   In Topeka we have one paved and one grass circle.   If we entries like a few years ago we could not get done in one day with more than two stunt events.   It is hard enough on me to fly PAMPA and Old Time on one day.  Later in the year we have Classic and Profile.   I can't beleive I used to go to a one day contest and enter; Rat Race, Navy Carrier, Combat, Balloon Burst and Combat.  Of course that was when there was only one event for each.  I agree with Sparky, we have way too many events.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2012, 01:40:41 PM »
Doc I remember going to one day contests in the 50's and entering  5 FF events and 4 CL events and winning high point trophy. It took me allmost all day to judge old time at the last Huntersville contest. I was to tired to walk over and take a Classic flight.  ~^
Ed

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2012, 01:49:32 PM »
I believe at Huntersville only Nos. 30 is flown.  I find no problem with that since a good Classic design still will fly an outstanding pattern with today's power and trimming abilities.

We fly every thing except the PAMPA classes together.  It's a good way to judge where you stand against the fliers that are in classes above you.  Of course it means that guys like me only stand to get an award in PAMPA class competition.  Beating 5 or 6 previous NATS, VSC winners in OTS is futile.  And trying to beat NATS champs and a WC in profile is about as ridiculous! LOL!!  But, it is all fun anyway.

I went to a meet in Flushing (Joe Ortiz going away party) and everything was flown in one day.  There was no shortage of entrants but OTS, Classic, Profile and PAMPA classes went off in pretty quick order.  In no more time than it takes us to run the PAMPA classes on Sunday!

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2012, 03:14:50 PM »
Just as a comparison, back when I started flying R/C pattern back in the late 60's, early 70's, we flew pylon racing, scale, and three classes of pattern at a two day contest. We usually got 3 flights in pattern. In the late 70's, and into the 80's and 90's, we had pattern only contests where we got in 4 to 5 pattern flights in a two day contest. My first flight was usually a throw away, and the last three or four were my best. But at least you could have a bad flight or two, and still place or win. But that was also when there were 30 to 40 contestants at a local contest and pattern was the premier event for R/C. I haven't been to an R/C contest since 94, so I really do not know what is going on now, except that our R/C club like many others does not have a contest anymore. Just fun fly's for mostly the IMAA. We are going to have a control line fun fly at our club field this year.

Way back when, many clubs use to be control line, R/C, and free flight. I kind of wonder if that may happen again in some of the smaller clubs like ours where the R/C club has welcomed us with open arms. We have a nice Field which accommodates both very well.

I have been to a club in Sun City West Arizona where there can be 4 or 5 people lined up at each flight station waiting to fly. They have a run down control line circle, but it does not seem to get used. With as many members as they have, I doubt if it really even gets noticed.
Jim Kraft

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here