News:

• May 06, 2024, 02:26:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ANNUAL WRIGHT/PAT USAF MUSEUM GET-TOGETHER, DAYTON,OH.  (Read 1600 times)

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
ANNUAL WRIGHT/PAT USAF MUSEUM GET-TOGETHER, DAYTON,OH.
« on: January 02, 2010, 06:53:33 AM »
WE WILL BE HAVEING OUR ANNUAL GET-TOGETHER AT WRIGHT/PAT USAF MUSEUM SATURDAY JANUARY 23rd AT 9:00 am. DAYTON,OH. TOUR THE MUSEUM, LUNCH TOGETHER, AND OF COURSE, WAR STORIES.

I'M NOT SURE HOW THIS ALL STARTED, BUT I THINK IT BEGAN WITH JOHN DAVIS AND SOME GUYS FROM OHIO, SOME WHERE AROUND 1993  ??? ??? IT HAS BECOME A TRADITION NOW AND A GOOD WAY TO STAY IN TOUCH IN THE WINTER MONTHS.

WEATHER PERMITTING MIKE McHENRY, ROGER WILDMAN, WILL HINTON, AND I WILL BE IN ATTENDENCE. DROP ME A LINE IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND. fcm95@comcast.net

BLESSINGS
ALLEN

National Museum of the USAF - HomeMuseum Location 1100 Spaatz Street Wright-Patterson AFB OH 45433 (937) 255-3286. Driving Directions ... The Official Web Site of National Museum of the USAF ...

Hours & Admission - Exhibits - Driving Directions - Photos
www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/ - Cached - Similar

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: ANNUAL WRIGHT/PAT USAF MUSEUM GET-TOGETHER, DAYTON,OH.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 09:26:51 AM »
Melvin and I took a trip over there from the NATS one year.  It sure changed from 76 when the NATS was there and we flew on one of the runways.  Had one of the big hangars for a work area. 
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 12:52:06 PM »
Will you gents be flying that Saturday?

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 03:32:45 PM »
Flying in Ohio in January!? C'mon Paul. haven't you heard of the four seasons in Ohio according to Jeff Foxworthy?  There's almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction.  January is officially winter and this old panzy don't fly none if it's under 60 degrees.  (Call me sissy if ya like, but I'm good at it!) LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~
Will
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 04:46:35 PM »
O K ,...SISSY.

I'm with you Will, I am a fair-weather-flyer, and it would not be an enjoyable (snow,wind, and cold) time for me eather.  (and we still have Feb, March, and maybe April to go yet) uuuuuuuu, that's really depressing.  B U T..............the VSC is not far away, give me some sun please. n~

To be honest, I need the shop time anyways, Starbucks coffee, D>K a little classical music, and the smell of balsa wood, this will carry me over till May.

Blessings
Allen

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 08:31:16 AM »
I think the Northwest has year round rainy season. LL~ LL~  Some of these guys need to spend a couple of years here in the north central part of the good ole USA.  Was going to make a statement about our government officials when we happen to get a blizzard that shuts everything down for a day or two.  A lot of times it don't even shut things down as we learn to cope. 
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 01:13:42 PM »
Flying in Ohio in January!? C'mon Paul. haven't you heard of the four seasons in Ohio according to Jeff Foxworthy?  There's almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction.  January is officially winter and this old panzy don't fly none if it's under 60 degrees.  (Call me sissy if ya like, but I'm good at it!) LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~
Will

Wow, if I didn't fly below 60 degrees, I wouldn't be flying too much except in July and August, and some in September. My limit is about 40 degrees. The thing about an electric is that it produces a nice hand warmer when you are done flying on those cold days!

P Walker

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 01:59:32 PM »
Hmmmmmmmmm - hand warmer.  I dunno if my PA's would be good hand warmers or not since I don't do that cold weather thing!  (They're good hand-burners when  you're breaking them in and forget to let them cool down before grabbing them.  Don't ask me how I know that.)
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 06:08:13 AM »
What a great time we all had. 19 guys showed up and we toured the museum, I don't care how many times you see this place you always see something new. After the 4 1/2 tour we went to the Ponderosa steak house for some good food and fellowship. (a few war stories too) Here are a few pics.  enjoy.

Blessings
Allen

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 06:10:28 AM »
more pics.  How would you like to be faceing this?   n~

Offline John Sunderland

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 06:12:32 AM »
Looks like you fellas had a good time. Sorry I had to miss out on all the fun. Had to make music for the masses Saturday evening. Next Year!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here