News:

• May 05, 2024, 08:37:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: An excellent easy to fly very competitive kit? Easy answer Imitation  (Read 789 times)

Offline Walter Hicks

• 2018 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
I would like to encourage anyone who is trying to get better in stunt and is searching for an EXCELLENT flying airplane to purchase the new
kit that is approved by its designer the IMITATION. I have seen many fly over the years since 1984 including Teds plane at a contest with the
Enya 46 4 cycle on it. This is a design that is very easy to fly well. Many have been built over the years and I am sure that most if not all would say that this is an excellent airplane. Much has been said about the profile fuse twisting in flight. Yes I have seen this for myself but the plane never the less
still flew excellent. Some of the early ones were powered by ST .46 and were not all that light 60 + oz and still flew very well.The ones in later
years have OS .40 VF on pipe , PA 65 muffled, RO Jett .61 on pipe etc. They fly even better with the new power plants.This plane grooves really well and has an excellent corner that locks in easily and is very easy to trim.For those who have super strict rules for the Profile event just build it like any other profile with a cheek cowl. I have seen several like this including Bob Duncan who had a very light one with an Aero Tiger 36.

I just got my 17 year old Imitation back from a friend it still flies very well. I deeply regret not building one Imitation after another some with
built up fuses etc. I know this post goes on and on but this is an EXCELLENT flying plane so take advantage of it being kitted with contest wood
with updates approved by Ted Fancher . The fuse will be much stiffer than the original which will only make it better. People have asked what
profile plane for a .60. This is the one! :)NO I am not getting paid for this just wanting to pass on an excellent opportunity we now have. :) :) :)

Offline dennis choate

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Re: An excellent easy to fly very competitive kit? Easy answer Imitation
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 02:58:48 PM »
agreed

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here