News:

• May 13, 2024, 05:00:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AMC ads in a circa 1970 (approz) model magazine  (Read 670 times)

Offline Rusty

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
AMC ads in a circa 1970 (approz) model magazine
« on: January 06, 2024, 09:57:44 PM »
Hello,

I was wondering if someone who has a library of old model magazines would see if you can find some old ads for me.  I will compensate you for your efforts.

Somewhere around 1970 my Dad ordered a combo R/C package deal from America's Hobby Center.  It was a Sterling Mini Mambo, Cox .049 and a single channel push button rubber band escapement r/c system.   I would like a copy of the ad.

Also, in that time frame we bought (not sure where he got it) a OS Max 3 channel proportional system and a Controlaire 4 Channel r/c system.  The OS Max had a blue anodized case and the Controlaire had a silver polished aluminum case with polishing swirls.  I would like these ads.

I will pay you for your efforts for a copy of the ads we bought these from. 

Thank you... Rusty

Offline James C. Johnson

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
Re: AMC ads in a circa 1970 (approz) model magazine
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 02:19:06 PM »
YOU COULD EXPLORE THIS GREAT SITE AS THEY HAVE A HUGE AMOUNT OF OLD MAGAZINES TO DOWNLOAD ..

BUT... YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO PUT A LITTLE TIME IN.. BACK IN THE DAY ALL THE MAGAZINES HAD THE AHC ADS ..

CHECK THE RCM AND AMERICAN AIRCRAFT MODELLER MAGAZINES FIRST.. THE MODEL AIRPLANE NEWS ARE THIN FOR THE TIME PERIOD YOU WANT ..

https://rcbookcase.com/

jj

Offline Rusty

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2024, 07:05:32 AM »
Thank you James and Dan McEntee. 

Dan texted me the ad I was looking for.  It was in a 1968 magazine.

You guys are the best!!!

I am writing a story for my club newsletter about the first R/C plane my Dad and I had. 

Offline Rusty

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2024, 07:16:18 AM »
James, I went to the website and that is a very good site.  I will be looking up stuff there often.  However, the data is void advertisements.  I guess they did that to save space.  I actually remember a couple of the old magazine cover page.   Thanks

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here