News:

• April 27, 2024, 06:51:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AMA DVD Poop!  (Read 1726 times)

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
AMA DVD Poop!
« on: March 20, 2006, 09:33:58 AM »
Well I got back in town and pulled a wad of mail from our mailbox.
(Still no Stunt News! Drats!)
I did find a DVD from the AMA. I did not order it they just sent it wanting 9 bucks.
I did view it only to find no control line flying. They did have a snipit about George A. and his Nobler and that was it.  No flying of Control Line. Just all R/C planes and choppers. ::)

The DVD is back in the mail and headed back to AMA. :P
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline catdaddy

• catdaddy
  • AMA Member
  • Commander
  • The Dude Abides
    • Tulsa Gluedobber Control Line Club
Re: AMA DVD Poop!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 11:50:53 AM »
If you want them to stop sending you DVD's just keep one and don't pay for it. You are under NO obligation to either pay for it or send it back. If you keep one you can almost be assured they will not waste the time or money sending you another one.
regards,
Rick"catdaddy"Blankenship

Offline frank carlisle

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 04:00:02 PM »
i sent them back the one they sent me with a little happy-note telling them i didn't want it. haven't gotten one since.

now i'm getting pre-approved credit card offers from them.

this stinks! i think they've gone from being a hobby interest group to being just another corporation wanting to cull as much dough out of our pockets as they can. other than the insurance and the r/c magazine they publish - i see nothing. just fat cats trying to get fatter.
Frank Carlisle

Offline Mike Clark

• Lets get together and burn some fuel!
  • ACE
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 08:36:26 PM »
Hi guys,
Yep, the madness will never end!
After receiving the DVD last year. I told them to quit sending the magazine and just send me the DVD, after all there was just as many Control line articles in the mag as there was on DVD. Beside I can recycle the DVD and no one want the mag! Well no such luck, at least they could send me a discount card for FM!

Mike Clark
Mike Clark

Offline Jerry Bohn

• ACE
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 09:40:40 AM »
AMA/RC is all about the big bucks. They probably have more folks working on finances than model aiplane concerns.
Time for AMA/CL, best alternative is an independent organization. PAMPA is a start. A new organization in charge of all control line concerns at all levels is past due.

Jerry,"Got no big bucks" Bohn
Jerry Bohn

Offline Andrew Hathaway

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 11:44:14 AM »
Now if there was a way that I could save my $50 a year, and still be allowed to fly at the contests I want to attend thsi summer, I'd be more then happy to tell the AMA to stick it.  As is I haven't renewed yet, and I probably won't till the last minute.  There have been more than a few years where I haven't paid my dues till I was filling out the entry form at the contest. 

The insurance doesn't mean anything to me at all.  I haven't maimed myself with a propeller yet, and in spite of my best efforts I've yet to hit a bystander...

It was bad enough when it was $35.  Figure the $50-60 for the membership, then the time and money that goes into putting that damn number on all my planes... There's gotta be a better way!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here