News:

• April 26, 2024, 07:19:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AMA CLPA Contest Board, Nats, etc.  (Read 948 times)

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
AMA CLPA Contest Board, Nats, etc.
« on: November 20, 2021, 08:24:43 AM »
Greetings!  I was informed by Keith Trostle that Tom Dixon has asked to step down from his lengthy tenure as the CLPA CB District V representative.  Derek Barry has accepted the position and I am forwarding on the customary PAMPA recommendation to the AMA District VP who will make it official.
Congratulations and Thank You to both Tom and Derek.

Remember after the first of the year a few new rules out of that Board will take effect; ie, the new method in which we will enter the four leaf clover and the new line rules, allowing Gsump style lines.........

Finally,  I wanted to bring over to this forum some of what I wrote on the PAMPA website concerning the Nats which some may not have seen.
As mentioned I won't be serving as the Event Director this next year and we need the next Director to step up quickly to take the reins of planning (or plan to plan!).  I got an email this week from AMA already asking who the ED will be so they can begin planning and communicating when them.  From my President's message:

I was asked not long ago what was required or involved in running the Nats.  I replied to say it is sort of like organizing your high school reunion.  You find/cultivate your staff of judges, tabulators, and other staff.  You put together a fund raiser for trophies and other expenses and then it's just logistics, getting stuff in the right place at the right time.  A CD license is required but can be acquired through a fairly straightforward test on line through AMA.

The new CD/ED will have AMA and PAMPAs full support and PAMPA will provide whatever material needs there are.  If you have interest in stepping forward please get in contact with me.  It really IS getting late in naming this new ED.  Please consider being THE ONE!.

Dave

AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: AMA CLPA Contest Board, Nats, etc.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2021, 09:37:00 AM »
Yes, thanks to Tom Dixon for his long service. Thanks also to Derek for stepping up to fill that spot.

Nats Director: It is time for some of the long-term Nats fliers who have never volunteered for anything to step up and take their turn at the helm. Many of our top fliers have already done this, and to them go out our most profound thanks. It is tough to "sit one out" when you know you have the skills to be competitive at the upper level. None of us have that many years left that a year or two off from competing at the Nats doesn't hurt a bit. So, again, thanks to all who have done this.

I won't name names, but there are a few who consistently fly at the Nats who have the required skills to be the director for a year or two, but have not come forward. To those I say, bite the bullet and step forward  NOW!

Soap box stored - Bob Hunt   

Offline Derek Barry

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 11:31:47 AM »
Yes, thanks to Tom Dixon for his long service. Thanks also to Derek for stepping up to fill that spot.

Nats Director: It is time for some of the long-term Nats fliers who have never volunteered for anything to step up and take their turn at the helm. Many of our top fliers have already done this, and to them go out our most profound thanks. It is tough to "sit one out" when you know you have the skills to be competitive at the upper level. None of us have that many years left that a year or two off from competing at the Nats doesn't hurt a bit. So, again, thanks to all who have done this.

I won't name names, but there are a few who consistently fly at the Nats who have the required skills to be the director for a year or two, but have not come forward. To those I say, bite the bullet and step forward  NOW!

Soap box stored - Bob Hunt   

I second that!

NO thanks needed, I look forward to representing my district as a contest board member.

Derek

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 09:17:14 AM »
CRICKET BUMP.....
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline John Lindberg

• 21 supporter