News:

• May 10, 2024, 03:34:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: All is well in Mud Ville! Gene Elliott  (Read 932 times)

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
All is well in Mud Ville! Gene Elliott
« on: August 18, 2006, 05:50:03 PM »
Last night I called Gene to see if he received his prize. He said "NO" I got the tracking number and it said it was delivered to his address. But it had not been! This morning I called the UPS store and told them what had happened. They said it would be 8 days till they could find out what had happened.

Last night while talking to Gene I felt so bad I told him I would send the other one and buy myself one to build.

But today when I got home there was JOY!!! he had received it! It seems that UPS hires people who cant read and the driver delivered it to the wrong address. I called him and all was GOOD!!! Got lucky on this one.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 06:59:54 AM by Robert Storick »
AMA 12366

Offline Gene Elliott

• Ensign
Re: There was no Joy in Mud Ville Last night! Gene Elliott
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 09:35:09 PM »
YES, the UPs man found it! He retraced his route. After a cursory examination, it seems the Profile Strathmoor is going to be a great kit. I'll post more details later, but included is a nice 8 1/2 fully illustrated assembly guide (many photos) and the plans are great. Full-sized. The silkspan is rolled, not folded up which pleases me-just my quirk-and it appears the wood is all good and laser cut--way cool! An award should go to the person who can pack so much into a box this size. Woe to the guy who takes it all out and then tries to get it all back in there. Once again, thanks to Robert Storick, the folks at SS Hobbies and to Bill Little's wife who really knows how to pick the cards. This is a great web site.
Regards,
Gene Elliott

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: All is well in Mud Ville! Gene Elliott
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 03:23:02 PM »
Not only UPS can't read, but, the USPS keeps leaving mail in my box that I deliver for them.  People are in too big a hurry to do things right the first time.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
Re: All is well in Mud Ville! Gene Elliott
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 11:07:28 PM »
This happened to me when I sent an engine back to Randy Smith for repair. UPS said it had been delivered but Randy told me he didn't recieve it. After a lot of arguing with UPS, they finally paid off the insurance. But the engine disappeared forever.

Sigh...
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here