News:

• April 27, 2024, 05:25:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ADVENTURES IN SPECTRA  (Read 29138 times)

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: ADVENTURES IN SPECTRA
« Reply #300 on: January 28, 2024, 07:12:39 AM »
No kidding!  Now that you mention it, I think the plane was fishtailing where it should have been locking.  I blew that off as crappy piloting having not flown in a month or so.  Thanks for giving me an excuse to blame the plane!  Next time out I will divest it of some tip weight and add a few RPM's to keep the lines tight.  Funny you should mention rudder.   It has a cam for just the reason you stated.  Best whisper (shhh), because admitting to using rudder might get you cancelled.  n1

I was quite proud of how this profile flies.  It appears to fly like a real PA, but after a few months flying the canard, I was shocked at the difference in turning.  My first pullout on the RWO caused several worms to have heart attacks.

Ken

Ken
Switching to Spectra of course required at least a little re-trimming on existing airplanes. Not stopping there, whenever I pick up something haven't flown for awhile I end up with some kind of trim tweak to get a little  better feel, a little better performance.  Works both ways too; go back to the main bird and as often as not I'll get another idea to try to squeeze a little more out of it too!
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Ara Dedekian

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • Ara Dedekian
Re: ADVENTURES IN SPECTRA
« Reply #301 on: April 04, 2024, 01:44:28 PM »

Used my 100# dark green Spectra to lash the brass hinge barrels to the elevator of a well used, unknown combat plane destined for Brodaks. It looks suspiciously like Phil's Rugged Stunt Trainer modified from its former life to fly combat.

Ara

Advertise Here

Advertise Here