News:

• May 09, 2024, 04:41:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A young Greg Davis and Berry Hobkirk vintage scan for today  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
A young Greg Davis and Berry Hobkirk vintage scan for today
« on: February 13, 2009, 12:57:07 PM »
Don McKay...last night brought up a couple of names of a couple of Canadian "kiddies from the past"
Here is a shot of Greg Davis and (who I think? Is Berry Hobkirk.) who changed soooo quickly from a very young fast growing young man as shown in this slide?)
Daaaa???
I have always been horrific in remembering names...but not faces, so if the real Berry is lurking...be forewarned.
Keep in mind when reading these demented posts...I am the old POSTER BOY illustrating  what happens to ol 70 yr.old koots who  spent waaaaaaaaaaay to much time in the early daze....sniffin paint fumes, drinking Molsen and Raaaaaaaaaaainer Breeeeewwwwwwww and flyin toy airplanes? n~ LL~
Don Shultz

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
Re: A young Greg Davis and Berry Hobkirk vintage scan for today
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 07:58:53 PM »
Yup, that's Greg and Barry. And Greg's ubershiney "Regal", of course. I don't think I ever saw one fly until just a few years ago, when one of Greg's showed up at one of our contests, flown by A.N. Other.  :'( Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Joe Yau

• AMA Member
  • Captain
    • My CLPA Channel
Re: A young Greg Davis and Berry Hobkirk vintage scan for today
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 10:17:36 PM »
Hmmm... didn't know Greg Davis flew stunt back in the days.  Saw him at Rice Mill Field with Mel Lyne during a Combat meet last September. as he flew Fast Combat (solo flight with his Fox .36 MKIII and Mel's Fora powered Granderdog), and 2up with the D-bat.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 09:56:16 AM by Joe Yau »

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here