News:

• May 09, 2024, 01:32:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A real big Cox Baby Bee  (Read 10374 times)

Offline Juan Valentin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • USAF 1969-73 ANG 73-77
A real big Cox Baby Bee
« on: December 26, 2010, 04:07:44 PM »
 I was searching thru a site and I noticed this page from the german online magazine Lassogeier  which showed a real big cox baby bee. I tried internet translation services without much luck,maybe one of you guys could find out.Somebody made a large baby bee and it seems that it was ran on a nobler but I`m not sure since the translation was not good.
                                                                                                   Juan
http://www.lassogeier.de/print/data/lg93.pdf

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: A real big Cox Baby Bee
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 04:30:17 PM »
Hi Juan,

I looked, it sure IS a BIG Babe Bee! LOL!!  The page tried to lock up my computer, though.  Couldn't find a "metric" size given to convert such as 10CC, 6.5CC, etc..

Maybe some one else will have better luck!

Big Bear
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 05:21:08 PM »
My German's not good enough to tell for sure, but I think that someone with good skills on either a lathe or Photoshop is having one on us.  I'm thinking it's a puckish machinist, because of the shot of the cylinder before it's gotten its black oxide finish.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline John Stiles

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • one shot=one kill
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 05:47:31 PM »
Looks pretty gut to me ;D I zoomed in enough to see a remarkable difference in the prop screw. y1
John Stiles             Tulip, Ar.

Offline jim gilmore

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 07:14:59 PM »
I've forwarded the link to my daughter to see if she can translate it. I'm assuming it is on pages 39-43.
She is teaching german in Austria the year.
She learned here but there were no local jobs.

Offline Bill Heher

• Fix-it
  • 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
  • I may not always BOM- but I do the re-builds!
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 09:25:38 PM »
Looks pretty gut to me ;D I zoomed in enough to see a remarkable difference in the prop screw. y1

Needle valve is different too - and if it was photo shopped they did a good job on the shadows!
Bill Heher
Central Florida and across the USA!
If it's broke Fix-it
If it ain't broke- let me see it for a minute AMA 264898- since 1988!

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 07:11:51 AM »
It says " Sensation of the year,new F2b engine is available ~^
Ed
Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Offline PerttiMe

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 08:59:18 AM »
They had to do their testing in secret, after sundown. It performed as expected. No complaints although it did not make the old Nobler ARF fly any better.
I built a Blue Pants as a kid. Wish I still had it. Might even learn to fly it.

Offline Norm Faith Jr.

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
  • The physics of flight releases the soul.
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 09:35:09 AM »
I sent an E-mail to the publisher of the "news letter," asking for some more information on the "BIG COX ENGINE," maybe I'll get a reply. BTW...When I first opened the link, all I got was the picture of the engine, I then noticed there was a large news letter with several interesting airplanes in it. :P
Norm
Circlepilot   AMA9376

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2010, 11:49:20 AM »
Print it off and find your local German Language Teacher.  My son dropped out of his class. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline PerttiMe

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2010, 12:02:17 PM »
I sent an E-mail to the publisher of the "news letter," asking for some more information on the "BIG COX ENGINE," maybe I'll get a reply.
Having worked with a few German guys, I've come to suspect that some Germans do have a sense of humor.

(it is a real newsletter)
I built a Blue Pants as a kid. Wish I still had it. Might even learn to fly it.

Offline Norm Faith Jr.

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2010, 05:00:09 PM »
I got the following reply back about the "BIG COX ENGINE."
Norm

Dear Norm !

The big Cox was built by Burkhard Hapke (www.kleinstdiesel.de). First it was a joke to build it and we made a story for my controlline-magazin "der LASSOGEIER". This story include a lot of possibilities für "Senior" Controlline pilots who will fly contests with a seriouly Cox engine with some inbuild specials (timer for end of the rounds, cleaner within for lazy pilots, handmade with the simpelst tools and materials etc. etc.

But than there are a lot of questions about this engine. A lot of interesting persons (collectors, users) ask Burkhard about a little serie of this Big Cox Engines, but Burkhard has not the time to make it. One of the german collector has bought this Cox in the beginning of this year.

Please ask Burkhard for more informations.

A very good new year for you and your family ! Best regards from cologne ! Axel Jungherz

Cologne Germany  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cologne

Circlepilot   AMA9376

Offline Juan Valentin

• Captain
  • USAF 1969-73 ANG 73-77
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2010, 06:01:27 PM »

Hello Norm
                        Thanks for finding information about the big baby bee. I would have loved to have one to build a big Musciano hollow log model like the Zig Zag. too bad they have not posted a video of the engine running for everybody to see and hear how it runs and sounds.
                                                                                                                          Juan

Offline Norm Faith Jr.

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2010, 06:37:16 PM »
Hey Juan...Man! That would be a "hoot." A big Zig-Zag. Maybe 36", hollow-thin-sheeted wing, two piece (clam shell) "hogged out" fuselage...Yep! I think that would be a real eye opener. Funny that you mentioned the ZiG-Zag...That was my most "favorious" of the "log line." Mine had a O.K. Cub for power (and I say the word "power" with a smile) and flew it a "jillion" times until it was so fuel soaked that I could hardly pick it up without the fear of it squirting out of my hands. ;D BTW...When are you guys going to have a big stunt meet down there?
Norm
Circlepilot   AMA9376

Offline Peter Grabenstein

• 2020 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2010, 11:36:38 PM »
I was searching thru a site and I noticed this page from the german online magazine Lassogeier  which showed a real big cox baby bee. I tried internet translation services without much luck,maybe one of you guys could find out.Somebody made a large baby bee and it seems that it was ran on a nobler but I`m not sure since the translation was not good.
                                                                                                   Juan

Hi Juan
here some more INFO about the "GIANT-CLONE COX BABY BEE" .

Engine metric size is 22,3ccm,or 1.39cuin., like a small Motorchainsaw .
Total weigth 47oz without muffler , 4oz Tank , total length with prop 7inch.
The CLONE runs like a real Motorchainsaw ,too much noise for the Clubfield and neighbours.
The idea to build this CLONE was born after a few bottles of red wine and runs
with Glow-plug or Spark-plug aswell.
Best regards from Germany
Peter
I hate pessimists, I prefer optimists.
Impossible is done immediately, miracles take longer.
I don't care who your father is ......... as long as I fly here,
Nobody walks, runs, floats or flies across my circle ......... not even to fetch fish, wine or bread.

Offline John Stiles

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • one shot=one kill
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2010, 01:24:42 AM »
                                                                                                   Juan

Hi Juan
here some more INFO about the "GIANT-CLONE COX BABY BEE" .

Engine metric size is 22,3ccm,or 1.39cuin., like a small Motorchainsaw .
Total weigth 47oz without muffler , 4oz Tank , total length with prop 7inch.
The CLONE runs like a real Motorchainsaw ,too much noise for the Clubfield and neighbours.
The idea to build this CLONE was born after a few bottles of red wine and runs
with Glow-plug or Spark-plug aswell.
Best regards from Germany
Peter
Outstanding, thanks! H^^

Offline George

• Admiral
  • Love people, Use things.
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2010, 04:46:06 AM »
    Hello Norm
                        Thanks for finding information about the big baby bee. I would have loved to have one to build a big Musciano hollow log model like the Zig Zag. too bad they have not posted a video of the engine running for everybody to see and hear how it runs and sounds.
                                                                                                                          Juan

That might have been the first REAL hollow log!

George
George Bain
AMA 23454

Offline Peter Grabenstein

• 2020 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2010, 11:55:10 PM »
                                                                                                   Juan

Hi Juan ,
flying such BIG MONSTER could be a new BIG Experience.
Next days "News",
County-Police Officer Mc Bean reports:
UC Pilot handcuffed after very loud noise attack to the public.
Engine was killed by shotgun.
grin, best regards Peter
I hate pessimists, I prefer optimists.
Impossible is done immediately, miracles take longer.
I don't care who your father is ......... as long as I fly here,
Nobody walks, runs, floats or flies across my circle ......... not even to fetch fish, wine or bread.

Offline Juan Valentin

• Captain
  • USAF 1969-73 ANG 73-77
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2011, 04:32:28 PM »
Hello Peter
                   I bet it would be a loud engine with outh a muffler but I would heve loved it if COX would heve come out with a Black Widow That size. There are little airplanes from Scientific,Enterprise and others that could have been built bigger just for fun.
                                                                                                                       Juan

Offline John Stiles

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • one shot=one kill
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2011, 05:54:09 AM »
...............I would have loved it if COX would have come out with a Black Widow That size..............
                                                                                                                       Juan
You and me both! ;D H^^

Offline jim gilmore

• Admiral
the low down on the BIG Babe Bee...
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2011, 08:13:18 AM »
After contacting my Daughter in Austria. Here is the info I have gotten. With a link where more info can be found.
Seems 1 real engine was made and sold to a collector.

Dear Jim !
Thanks for your letter about questions to the BIG COX Babe Bee.

I published this story in my controlline magazin "der LASSOGEIER" No. 93. First this story should be an April-Joke for all my readers. My friend Burkhard Hapke from Bochum/Germany told me before that he has produced an Big Babe Bee for hisself within a few weeks. Normally I have all informations about his work and engines he has made or he has to build in future. Within a year he repaire and restore old modell engines from germany, england and the rest of europe.
As he told me that he plans to build this Big COX I pleased him to do it as an secret because I would make a titelstory for my newspaper within a lot of more jokes (for controlline flyers) in relation to this motor.
And Burkhard has made this one and only engine. It runs and it is really existent. But in the middle of the year 2010, after publishing in LASSOGEIER he sold this Big Cox to a collector.

If you want more informations please looks under www.kleinstdiesel.de, it is the homepage of Burkhard and he can tell you some more about this engine.  His Email-adress is: "email me if you want it..."
I hope I could help you a litte and I wish you a very good new year 2011. Best regards from Germany ! Axel Jungherz

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here