News:

• May 07, 2024, 12:22:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A New Service For You From Custom Cut Kits  (Read 1070 times)

Mike Griffin

• Trade Count: (0)
A New Service For You From Custom Cut Kits
« on: March 10, 2010, 12:01:07 PM »
I am going to be expanding my services on kits and I hope this will be a service you will like and use.

The way we have been offering our kits is by running a kit survey on a specific plane and if there is enough interest and commitment for that plane, the design is kitted and shipped out to the people who wanted one. That service will remain and you will see kit surveys run by us on here from time to time and if enough people want that particular kit, it will be produced. The current kit is the Rayette and it will be going out in a few days.

However, I felt there was a huge part of the market we were missing by not giving the customer more say in what kits they wanted and were not picked by us. So here is what we are going to do and see if this will offer you more.

If you have a particular plane in mind that you would like to build that may have never been kitted or has been out of production for a while or is not being currently kitted by someone in the market, we will try to do it for you. If you have the plans and would like a kit cut from that plan, you can send us the plan and we will do a takeoff on it and give you a quote for making a kit. Every job will be on a custom basis and kit prices will be determined based on the amount of material and time it will take to produce that kit. I will not kit a plane that is currently being kitted by another manufacturer or cottage kit maker like myself. I have no intentions of competing with or undercutting anyone who is giving to this hobby by offering their services. My goal is to offer something unique and give you a choice. As a matter of professional courtesy, I do contact designers if permission needs to be obtained to kit their design.

All orders will be filled in the order in which they are received and currently I have orders for (2) Kenhi P 51 Mustangs, (2) EZ Build Partially assembled S1 Ringmasters and (2) Peacemakers.

If you have kits you would like to order, please e mail me to be put on the priority list and to get details on deposits, lead times, etc. I do want to emphasize that this is not an overnight process and since each kit is custom cut, lead times will vary. Also at this time we are not taking any orders to build planes for customers as it is very time consuming and shipping costs become a major price issue.

I hope you will find this service useful and take advantage of it.

Thank you

Mike Griffin
customcutkits@cox.net
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 05:58:22 AM by Custom Cut Kits »

Offline Clint Ormosen

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: A New Service For You From Custom Cut Kits
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 03:38:51 AM »

I will not kit a plane that is currently being kitted by another manufacturer or cottage kit maker like myself.  I have no intentions of competing with or undercutting anyone who is giving to this hobby by offering their services. 

All orders will be filled in the order in which they are received and currently I have orders for (2) Kenhi P 51 Mustangs, (2) S1 Ringmasters and (2) Peacemakers.

Ok, who's going to tell him?
-Clint-

AMA 559593
Finding new and innovated ways to screw up the pattern since 1993

Mike Griffin

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 06:07:22 AM »
Clint if you are talking about the Ringmasters, I guess I better clarify this.  These are NOT the Ringmasters like RSM produces.  I had a SPECIAL request for 2 EZ build Ringmasters some time ago and promised this man I would do them as soon as I could get to them.  The EZ Build Ringmaster is partially assembled for the customer and no other kit manufacturer like Brodak or RSM does this that I am aware of.  This is where I take the fuselage and install the hardwood motor mounts and plywood doublers for the customer.  I also hinge the stab and elevator together.  The wing is just in component parts like any other kit.  I do not do many of these because of the extra labor involved and the additional cost incurred.  

So if that is what you were wanting to tell me I thought I might explain that for everyone.

Thanks

Mike

Offline Larry Fulwider

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 09:57:02 AM »
. . .
 . . . If you have a particular plane in mind that you would like to build that may have never been kitted or has been out of production for a while or is not being currently kitted by someone in the market, we will try to do it for you. If you have the plans and would like a kit cut from that plan, you can send us the plan and we will do a takeoff on it and give you a quote for making a kit.  . . .
 . . .

Great idea! Hard part is figuring out which one I want most. Hmm   #^

Larry Fulwider

Mike Griffin

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 10:05:05 AM »
That got me to laughing Larry.  If I remember right, there was a mishap with a Tutor 2 at KOI but I think Curtiss took care of that If I remember right.  Just let me know if you come up with anything....

Thanks Larry

Mike

Offline Clint Ormosen

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 04:27:55 PM »
Clint if you are talking about the Ringmasters, I guess I better clarify this.  These are NOT the Ringmasters like RSM produces.  I had a SPECIAL request for 2 EZ build Ringmasters some time ago and promised this man I would do them as soon as I could get to them.  The EZ Build Ringmaster is partially assembled for the customer and no other kit manufacturer like Brodak or RSM does this that I am aware of.  This is where I take the fuselage and install the hardwood motor mounts and plywood doublers for the customer.  I also hinge the stab and elevator together.  The wing is just in component parts like any other kit.  I do not do many of these because of the extra labor involved and the additional cost incurred.  

So if that is what you were wanting to tell me I thought I might explain that for everyone.

Thanks

Mike

Oh, ok. I did not know that.

Check your PM's
-Clint-

AMA 559593
Finding new and innovated ways to screw up the pattern since 1993

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here