News:

• May 02, 2024, 06:36:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A Nairplane (an ew design)  (Read 1470 times)

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: A Nairplane (an ew design)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 12:12:55 PM »
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 05:59:23 PM »
L ooks l ike a Ring bler or Nobl Ring, b ut y ew s ay i t's a Nairplane? I 'll be d ipped...  LL~ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Robert McHam

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 06:24:16 PM »
Must be a Beginner's Stick Master! I like the choice of engine but it will need an engine bulkhead somewhere and at some point!

Robert
Crop circles are simply open invitations to fly C/L!

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 07:32:45 PM »
I like 'Ringbler'.  The top view comes more or less from a sketch that just happened one day at work during a particularly boring meeting; the side view comes from this thread: http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php?topic=15478.0, the post from John Crocker.

I work several days a week from home, doing consulting work, and sometimes I just have to run screaming from my office and fly a plane.  The problem is finding family members willing to give me a launch.  The pasture I fly from is rough enough that nothing will roll on it.  So I'm trying for (a) quick, and (b) light enough that I can launch off of a piece of plywood or out of a sleeve.  If I'm lucky it'll accelerate fast enough that I can launch from a sleeve, and I won't even need landing gear -- time will tell.

The firewall is in the works.  Maybe I'll go take some pictures tonight.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 07:56:21 PM by Tim Wescott »
AMA 64232

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 08:41:11 AM »
I like it.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline John Crocker

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 07:16:08 PM »
Tim,

IT will launch out of a sleeve mount on a picnic table, or will with an .049 Norvel.  Take a piece of cardboard, fold it in half and place a couple bricks on top of it.  Slide the outboard wing into the cardboard sleeve, start the engine, walk out to your lines and pull gently while giving full up on the handle.  Done it a million times over the years in the school yard.

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 10:23:10 AM »
We'll see how it does with a Golden Bee -- if not, I've got a Norvel Big Mig that I should try...
AMA 64232

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here