News:

• May 10, 2024, 06:10:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A little sidetrack  (Read 608 times)

Offline Dan Berry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
A little sidetrack
« on: November 30, 2022, 11:38:58 AM »
Last night Missouri executed a guy who killed a police officer.
Some of you might be interested in looking up the story.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
Re: A little sidetrack
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 04:06:08 PM »
Three cheers for Missouri is the nicest I can manage. Got a link to the story and maybe video of the execution?  :X Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Online Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 04:25:58 PM »
Great news!
I’m a true believer in the death penalty.

Besides, it saves the taxpayers a ton of money.

And most important, it INSURES that the scumbag will NEVER commit another heinous crime.

Bob Z.

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2022, 04:34:16 PM »
Last night Missouri executed a guy who killed a police officer.
Some of you might be interested in looking up the story.

I lived through it, twice it seems like. Sgt Bill McEntee is my cousin. I have an older brother who was a Lieutenant with the STLPD at the time, and through a series of quick phone calls, I was able to be at the hospital when they brought him in, when his wife and kids were told he wasn't coming home, and when his Mother (my Aunt Florence) and brother and two sisters were told ( Mike Jayne and Kathy). I sat through two trials, and then the sentencing. The people of Kirkwood , MO, and the St. Louis area in general were beyond belief in their support of Bill's family at that time. I have gotten to know the officers of the Kirkwood Police Department during this time along with several of the responding Kirkwood Fire Department and EMTs. I'm very familiar with the story and know all the details that never get brought out by the news media. You would be hard pressed to find a more horrific crime. If you want a really short synopsis of it, find the transcript of Bill's wife Mary's statement she made after the execution, and the 17 year weight that the family has endured. I did not miss spell the word "wait."  As Mary mentions in her statement, this is something that you never forget and will never get over, so no real chance at finding any peace or closure , at least on my part. I'll have the memory of their faces when they were told the news and carry that with me the rest of my life. Just keep Bill's family in your thoughts and prayers.

Remembering:
        Sgt William L. McEntee
      Kirkwood Police Department
        E.O.W. July 5th, 2005

Type at you later,
         Dan McEntee

AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here