News:

• June 08, 2024, 01:12:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2011 Golden State Stunt Championships  (Read 1807 times)

Offline Jerry Silver

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
2011 Golden State Stunt Championships
« on: August 26, 2011, 11:54:07 AM »
The 2011 G.S.S.C. are being planned for Oct. 29th & 30th at Buchanan High School in Clovis, Ca. Sat events: O.T. & Classic. Sun. events: all PAMPA classes. There will be a banquet, as in previous years, at the Senior Center in Clovis. Appearance judging for PAMPA classes will be at the Senior Center before dinner on Sat. evening. Classic appearance judging will be at the field on Sat. morning before official flying begins.

I will post again when all of this is official.

Jerry Silver

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: 2011 Golden State Stunt Championships
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 02:00:16 PM »
That's great news, Jerry.  Thanks.  I shall try to get a new plane finished in time.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 04:19:28 PM »
Time to start painting, Howard. Let's see, you have white and orange then yellow and orange. Hmmm, maybe green and orange? Purple and orange?
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Balsa Butcher

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • High Desert Flier
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 12:11:32 AM »
That is good news. I'll volunteer for...whatever you need that is in my skill set.  8)
Pete Cunha
Sacramento CA.
AMA 57499

Offline Clint Ormosen

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 09:15:13 AM »
Thanks for thaking this on again, Jerry. I'll be there both days so if you need judges or whatever, just let me know. Looking forward to it!
-Clint-

AMA 559593
Finding new and innovated ways to screw up the pattern since 1993

Offline Brian Massey

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • California Car Clubs
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 11:28:27 AM »
Yee HAAAAAAA, that's my open weekend in October!!! #^ #^ #^  Count me in!

Brian
While flying the pattern, my incompetence always exceeds my expectations.

AMA 55421
Madera, CA

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 06:10:32 PM »
I am somewhat hopeful, but not 100% sure I'll be going. Having some health problems that have slowed me down. Every time I get ambitious, it gets worse. Consequently, my physical conditioning has gone down hill and I get tired easily. Recovery will take some time. It's that Cellulitis BS again, FWIW. Been struggling with it since July 22, with little or no improvement, and getting very annoyed with it. So, save your spicey brown mustard money for now, Brian.  010! Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 07:28:58 PM »
Steve, I can relate to the old body slowing down and giving troubles.  Been taking some pills the doctor doesn't know about and seem to be helping.   Maybe it mind over pain.  I told the people today to not laugh at my imitation walk like the Iron Sheik of pro wrestling fame.  Also said I would do a Vince McMahn walk if the legs would swing right.  Can't convince the doctor that sitting and standing still cause the pain.  Anyway get better. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Richard Walbridge

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 01:52:44 PM »
Thanks Jerry!  This is good news...  I'll be able to judge one or both days... #^

Rich Walbridge

Offline Michael Massey

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 05:46:57 PM »
This is good news.  I will be there and have passed the event on to the Eugene Prop Spinners.  Hopefully a few more can make it.

Jerry, send a flyer/info to John Thompson who publishes the Flying Lines web site for the Northwest Control Line folks.  I am sure he will publish in on Flying Lines for you.

Just realized I will have to post this and then go out to get the Flying Lines website for you.  I believe it is www.flyinglines.org but will confirm with another post. 
Eagle Point, Oregon
AMA 914713

Offline Michael Massey

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 05:51:33 PM »
Yes.  That is the address.  Towards the bottom of the home page is a link to contact the editor.  That is John Thompson who, along with Mike Hazel, make up the Northwest Regional organization.
Eagle Point, Oregon
AMA 914713

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2011, 04:04:42 PM »
I'm bumping this.  This is a great contest, now back at its traditional location.  We go there and stop by Yosemite, an hour's drive away, on the way home.  It's world-class scenery and world-class stunt.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2011, 09:08:01 PM »
Don't you have to have reservations to get into Yosemite? I remember going through there as a punk kid of about 5, in our '49 Lincoln Cosmopolitan. Unfortunately, it was stuck in 2nd gear. We got to Modesto and the Lincoln-Mercury dealer gave us a '50 Merc for a loaner to visit the relatives out in Hughson. It needed chopping, lowering, and flames...  y1 Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Brian Massey

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • California Car Clubs
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2011, 10:03:30 PM »
Don't you have to have reservations to get into Yosemite? I remember going through there as a punk kid of about 5, in our '49 Lincoln Cosmopolitan. Unfortunately, it was stuck in 2nd gear. We got to Modesto and the Lincoln-Mercury dealer gave us a '50 Merc for a loaner to visit the relatives out in Hughson. It needed chopping, lowering, and flames...  y1 Steve

No reservations required this time of year. And it's a great time to visit. And BYW, the best way to ruin a 50 Merc is to chop and channel. The look of the stock is my favorite. And flames . . . only if you paint them with SBM.  LL~

Brian
While flying the pattern, my incompetence always exceeds my expectations.

AMA 55421
Madera, CA

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here