News:

• May 14, 2024, 07:28:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2011 AMA Expo  (Read 1089 times)

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
2011 AMA Expo
« on: January 10, 2011, 07:54:36 AM »
Here are some photos of the Knights of the Round Circle booth at the Expo.  The models shown are a 1/4size Ringmaster with Tee Dee .010 power, a Blackhawk Golden Hawk, PT-19, Firebaby, two electric stunters brought by Tony Naccarato, my e-Sport electric stunter (down on the floor), Warren Walker's 1.5X Flite Streak, Antone Kephart's Neptune II, Warren's Smoothie, a Bearcat belonging to John Wright and a P-38 of unknown origin.  Present, but not visible are the Baby Nobler and John's Clown (with which he competes in OTS)

The booth was manned by Eric Rule, Dennis Coleman, John Wright, Ray Ebert, Joel Chesler, Randy Heydon and me.  I probably am forgetting someone, sorry.

The show was good and bad.  The good is that for those of us getting into electric power, the choices seem endless, and the prices coming down.  Bad because actual kits and modeling supplies such as X-acto type blades seem to have disappeared.  House of Balsa was the only balsa kit supplier there.  Gone are the Carl Goldbergs, Sigs, Peck Polimers et al.   :'(

As usual, I built a model while manning the booth.  This year, Larry Rice provided a Sarpolus Corsair.  VERY nice kit.  As you can see in the photo, it is going together slick as a whistle.  I am leaning toward electric power for this, though it would be a nice home for my Holland Hornet.  Decisions, decisions!
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: 2011 AMA Expo
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 09:19:25 PM »
Hey, check the AMA booth and take attendance.

When you call Munice, they say they're all in LA.
Paul Smith

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 07:34:21 AM »
That is quite a display.   And I like the Corsair.  1/2A Carrier again!  Thanks for the pics. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 11:14:25 PM »
I blush to admit that I forgot to credit my good flying buddy, Andy Borgogna with manning the booth on Saturday.  Considering that I drove there  :-[and had breakfast at Spires ( 2 eggs, a waffle and a sausage link, excellent!) with him, I don't know how I missed including him.   :-\
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 04:03:34 PM »
Has Andy quit crying yet because you forgot him??? LL~ LL~ LL~ Oh, I know he is going to get even at VSC. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here