News:

• April 25, 2024, 10:32:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1st Post  (Read 1044 times)

Offline Bill Turner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
1st Post
« on: September 25, 2006, 03:11:23 PM »
This is my first post here.

I am getting back into flying after a time out.  I used to fly religiously, but my flying buddy's wife who was in the Army got re-assigned to Japan, and after they left, I quit.

But, recently I remembered flying with a stooge, and even found it in the garage, and have gotten out the planes and limbered them up and wiped off the gook and dust.  Got a couple sort of ready to go.

Bought a thousand feet of line to make up new lines, and even a kit engine and some fuel tanks all courtesy of eBay.   Now I just need some fuel, guess I'll make the trip to Spfld, and go from there.

Just wanted to say Hi.  Appreciate the motivation and encouragement from reading the forum and hope I can contribute.

I live around FLW, in the Missouri Ozarks,  That's close to Waynesville, and St. Robert.  On I-44.

Was planning on going to the STL contest, but some health issues cropped up, and I missed it.
Anyway best to all and if you wanna go get dizzy, send me a message and I'll see what I can do.

Keep em in one big piece.
Bill
Bill Turner

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: 1st Post
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 03:27:58 PM »
From one "Bill" to another, WELCOME to our site!

Hope you can find some flying buddies where you are.  Hardest thing to do it get the guys out to fly!  **)

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 05:03:55 PM »
Hi Bill,

If you aren't doing anything next weekend come on down to Tulsa. We are holding our annual contest, lots of modelers from all around the area and a good chance to see what's new in control line.

Info on the Tulsa Gluedobbers web site http://www.tulsacl.com

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 05:05:31 PM »
I see Stunt Hangar is not on the links yet? Who is the webmaster?
AMA 12366

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 05:16:58 PM »
If you are talking about the Tulsa site it's Rick Blankship (Catdaddy) not sure he has signed up over here yet, I know for the last several months his work has been real demanding and we haven't seen much of him. I will mention it to him as I am sure he will be around for our contest this weekend.

Offline Bill Turner

• Ensign
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 10:46:23 PM »
Appreciate all of the invites and encouragement.  This is why I started flying in the first place.

Would love to come to Tulsa, but have prior commitments.  Thanks much for inviting me though.

Best to all
Bill
Bill Turner

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here