News:

• May 10, 2024, 03:13:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: .19 Red Head in a Peacemaker  (Read 1530 times)

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
.19 Red Head in a Peacemaker
« on: February 15, 2011, 02:15:58 PM »
I just picked up a .19 lightning Bolt Red Head McCoy on the bay very reasonably and it is in great shape. I have a set of plans for a Peacemaker profile  packed away in the storage container (im preparing to move) would this be a good combination, It will be a step up for me and my daughter I am a 1/2 a retread and she is just starting out we are building a few 1/2A skyrays and an Akromaster Fox 15x combo right now.  Thanks T.J.
AMA 85135                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    GSCB

Offline Jim Thomerson

• Admiral
Re: .19 Red Head in a Peacemaker
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 02:23:21 PM »
That should work OK.  I've flown McCoy redhead 19's a good bit and really like them.  The weight should be similar to the Oliver Tiger 15 the Peacemaker was designed for, and the power not a whole lot different.  Try an 9 x 5 prop. 

Offline Randy Ryan

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 10:16:23 PM »
That should work OK.  I've flown McCoy redhead 19's a good bit and really like them.  The weight should be similar to the Oliver Tiger 15 the Peacemaker was designed for, and the power not a whole lot different.  Try an 9 x 5 prop. 

I agree, should be a nice combination. I really like the Red Heads, .19 thru .40.
Randy Ryan <><
AMA 8500
SAM 36 BO all my own M's

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 05:37:59 AM »
I havent run this engine yet and was wondering how they are on fuel, I have to pick some up and run it in the stand, but I was wondering how big a tank to get. Thanks T.J.
AMA 85135                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    GSCB

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 07:22:47 AM »
I agree with Jim and Randy!  it should be a good fit.  Try a 3 oz. tank, that's what I use on my Fierce Arrow 400 with a Red Head .19.  9-5 or maybe even a 9-4 prop, and use plenty of castor in the fuel as you know.

Big Bear
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 09:20:40 AM »
Thanks for the info guys, I was going to build a lightning streak with a .35 next , but I dont want to scare my daughter (She is only 8 ) with to much line tension yet and and I figured this would be a good way for us to ease into a bigger plane, plus I really love the lines of it, it is a very simple yet classy looking plane. Thanks T.J.  Ps. Bill I ended up buying 5 series 21 motors from that guy I got the GMA reworked one from so I souuld have a few seasons of McCoy parts now

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 11:06:53 AM »
Thanks for the info guys, I was going to build a lightning streak with a .35 next , but I dont want to scare my daughter (She is only 8 ) with to much line tension yet and and I figured this would be a good way for us to ease into a bigger plane, plus I really love the lines of it, it is a very simple yet classy looking plane. Thanks T.J.  Ps. Bill I ended up buying 5 series 21 motors from that guy I got the GMA reworked one from so I souuld have a few seasons of McCoy parts now

Hi TJ,

With rings from Frank Bowman, you should be set for a few decades! ;D y1  Still, run a bit of castor to help the main bushing.  A 50/50 mix should do it, probably 25% oil (?), and the synthetic should keep the ring groove cleared up.

(I gotta get some of Frank's rings, myself. ;D )

Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline BrianW517

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 12:45:27 AM »

I have a Brodak Lightning Streak with an older Fox Combat .35 that flys great.  <= y1 #^ n~ H^^

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here