News:

• May 01, 2024, 09:31:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Very sad news Allen Brickhaus  (Read 36239 times)

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
Very sad news Allen Brickhaus
« on: December 28, 2013, 11:17:33 AM »
Allen Brickhaus  Has passed. He helped many people.

https://www.facebook.com/allen.brickhaus

Allen passed from a massive heart attack. He will be missed.

Services for Allen Brickhaus:
 Visitation 1/1/14 from 5-9 pm
 Funeral 1/2/14 at 10 am. Both at Aly Funeral Home in Eddyville.
 Interment following funeral in Perryville, MO.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 05:09:18 PM by Robert Storick »
AMA 12366

Offline proparc

• Admiral
Re: Very sad news Allen Brickhaus
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 11:27:48 AM »
Oh no!!
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Mike Keville

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 11:31:15 AM »
What shocking news!  We will surely miss him.
FORMER member, "Academy of Multi-rotors & ARFs".

Offline Valentin Apostolov

• New Pilot
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 11:34:36 AM »
ALLEN do not worry, RIP. Know you are with us around  and we too!

Valentin Apostolow

Mike Griffin

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 11:40:55 AM »
I am in total shock.  I cannot even think right now....

Mike

Offline Sina Goudarzi

• AMA Member
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 11:44:26 AM »
Very sad indeed.
He will be missed big time,
sina
Sina

Offline Elwyn Aud

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Inferalandings Photo Page
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 11:51:08 AM »
Words escape me for now. Godspeed Allen.

Offline jose modesto

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 11:56:18 AM »
My friend,I will miss you.
Great Man of the CL community.
Jose Modesto

Offline Thomas L Tilley

• New Pilot
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 12:14:52 PM »
God Speed Allan  Rip  You will sorely be missed  Tom & Karen

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2013, 12:28:29 PM »
I'm shocked and saddened.  Allen has been a friend many years.  None finer.  Tight lines and fair winds my friend.
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2013, 12:35:07 PM »
This is is really becoming tough to take. It seems like a week doesn't go by where we don't get some bad news about the passing of one of us. I fully realized it is a result of our demographic but, it is still difficult to deal with. I guess this is just going to have to be the way it is.
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2013, 12:42:34 PM »
This is terrible shocking news!  Allen was such a vital individual it's truly difficult to believe that he is gone.  I feel a true sense of loss already.

Allen, Godspeed my friend I will miss our conversations and comradeship at VSC.

My prayers are with Allen's family and close friends.  Truly a great loss.

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Bruce Perry

• Commander
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2013, 12:52:01 PM »
God keep you Allen,

Here's a guy we could all try harder to emulate.  He was always supportive of others efforts and went out of his way to acknowledge your accomplishments. He nurtured stunt from small 1/2 a trainers in the hands of children through to designing and publishing excellent airplanes capable of competition at the highest levels.  

Let's look at his writing, he's been the on scene reporter for Nats News, putting out daily reports with photos during the Nats, there's his stunt news columns always full of stuff from around the district, there's his flying models column always of interest to beginners through to experts. Just his efforts here would be LOTS to fill.... But there's more.

He published many many designs, some original, some historically significant. All were a big undertaking and always motivating...  One of his articles left you hungry for the building bench!  

Contest efforts, while I don't know what went on closer to his home, I saw his efforts at the Nationals.  He made sure the beginners and intermediates had a TREMENDOUS experience at the nationals.  He had special trophies, large piles of awesome prizing to pick from,and he had lots of support.  This too represents a significant effort!  

Flying!  He loved to fly! And fly everything from profiles to full tilt super stunters!   Allen was a modellers modeller, he could design build and Fly!  On top of all that he wrote about it all so we could all see and learn from the things he was discovering.

You'll notice that Al didn't engage in the petty bickering that flares up on this site.  He would rather not lower himself to such things but rather encourage change through positive comments. A gentleman, this is how I will remember Allen, a gentleman, a modeller, an inspiration to do more things for our hobby.  He left a big hole to fill, it will take many to replace his efforts.  Let's honour him by ensuring the columns continue, the Nats is well covered, the designs keep coming out and that we conduct ourselves as if he's watching!  He will be!

Good bye my friend!

Bruce

Offline ericrule

• 2014 Supporters
  • Commander
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2013, 01:12:24 PM »
This is terrible news!

I am very sad as he was a very good friend and one of the nicest people I have ever met.

Allen will be missed by everyone in the C/L community.

Eric Rule

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2013, 01:16:43 PM »
God keep you Allen,

Here's a guy we could all try harder to emulate.  He was always supportive of others efforts and went out of his way to acknowledge your accomplishments. He nurtured stunt from small 1/2 a trainers in the hands of children through to designing and publishing excellent airplanes capable of competition at the highest levels.  

Let's look at his writing, he's been the on scene reporter for Nats News, putting out daily reports with photos during the Nats, there's his stunt news columns always full of stuff from around the district, there's his flying models column always of interest to beginners through to experts. Just his efforts here would be LOTS to fill.... But there's more.

He published many many designs, some original, some historically significant. All were a big undertaking and always motivating...  One of his articles left you hungry for the building bench!  

Contest efforts, while I don't know what went on closer to his home, I saw his efforts at the Nationals.  He made sure the beginners and intermediates had a TREMENDOUS experience at the nationals.  He had special trophies, large piles of awesome prizing to pick from,and he had lots of support.  This too represents a significant effort!  

Flying!  He loved to fly! And fly everything from profiles to full tilt super stunters!   Allen was a modellers modeller, he could design build and Fly!  On top of all that he wrote about it all so we could all see and learn from the things he was discovering.

You'll notice that Al didn't engage in the petty bickering that flares up on this site.  He would rather not lower himself to such things but rather encourage change through positive comments. A gentleman, this is how I will remember Allen, a gentleman, a modeller, an inspiration to do more things for our hobby.  He left a big hole to fill, it will take many to replace his efforts.  Let's honour him by ensuring the columns continue, the Nats is well covered, the designs keep coming out and that we conduct ourselves as if he's watching!  He will be!

Good bye my friend!

Bruce

Bruce , you stated that wonderfully, Allen was a great friend of over 3 decades, He will truly be missed by many, It will not  be the same  not seeing him at NATs and contest, and talking over building season.  Rest in peace my friend.

Randy

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2013, 01:19:31 PM »
Wonderful guy and a great supporter of our hobby. Involved with kids and a really great guy. He will be missed.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline rustler

• Captain
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2013, 01:51:41 PM »
Oh dear. Sincere condolences to Allen's family and friends.
I empathise with Proparc's above.
Ian Russell.
[I can remember the schedule o.k., the problem is remembering what was the last manoeuvre I just flew!].

Offline Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2013, 01:57:00 PM »
Devastating news. If you knew Allen, think back and try to find even one time when he was not outwardly friendly, supportive, helpful, consoling, jovial, and happy around you as the situation required. Closest thing to an angel that I know of on this earth was Allen.

The really bad losses are felt when you realize that you will never on this earth see a person again, and that thought is so crushing that you just can't fathom going on without them. I know that those of us who knew and loved Allen are feeling this way today. The thing to hold on to is the fact that Allen would not have wanted us to feel so crushed; he'd want us to rejoice in the fact that we knew him, rejoice in the fact that he flew model airplanes with us and rejoice in the fact that he is now with his Lord. Those who knew Allen also knew of his deep and abiding faith in Jesus Christ. His spirit will always be with us, looking down from above.

It's interesting to note that Allen liked to fly airplanes with transparent finishes. Allen's feelings and thoughts about others were just as transparent. We could all see into Allen's heart and know that he truly cared about us and loved us despite our flaws. That is the measure of a blessed man.

Godspeed Allen Brickhaus

Bob Hunt    

Offline Larry Fruits

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2013, 01:57:47 PM »
 I first met Allen in the early 70's. He has been a friend ever since. We emailed almost daily for the last several years. We pitted for each other at many contests. He was a great friend and gentleman. He will be sorely missed.

Rest in peace my friend. May you have light winds and blue skies.

Larry
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 11:26:48 PM by Larry Fruits »

Eric Viglione

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2013, 02:03:20 PM »
Bruce, you said a mouth full. C/L and PAMPA have suffered a major loss... and we have all lost a good friend.
Allen was a tremendously positive force in stunt. My sincere condolences to the Brickhaus family.
EricV

God keep you Allen,

Good bye my friend!

Bruce

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2013, 02:04:00 PM »
I never had the pleasure of meeting Allen in person but we shared some emails over the years as he had a similar interest in obscure kits like me. My sincerest condolences to his family.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 04:17:13 PM by Bill Morell »
Bill Morell
It wasn't that you could and others couldn't, its that you did and others didn't.
Vietnam 72-73
  Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.

Offline MarcusCordeiro

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • "Never fly faster than your shoulder angel"
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2013, 02:13:03 PM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Marcus
Live to fly, fly to live
Aces High!

"There's no try. Do or Do not." - Master Yoda

"Wealth and fame, he's ignorant
Action is his reward, look out
Here comes Marcus, man..."

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2013, 02:15:05 PM »
Bruce and Bob have said it all as far as proper tribute to Allen.  He was truly a treasure here on earth and the real joy is knowing we can see him again on the other side because of that faith Bob mentioned.  I'll miss his jokes, his smile that made you winder what he was going to pull on you next, and the handshake that all will remember for the genuine fondness that came through it.  Gotta go, the screen is getting blurry.
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2013, 02:34:54 PM »
I am truly sorry to hear about this. Allen was a very giving and caring sprit. My thoughts and prayers for his family.
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Jerry Higgins

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2013, 02:38:47 PM »
Allen was a great person!  My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Jerry Higgins

Offline Serge_Krauss

• Admiral
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2013, 02:47:22 PM »
Others have said all I can really add, other than to say that many of us who did not really know Allen do know that he was extremely dedicated, contributed on all fronts, and will always be thought of when new designs are posited and especially when precious media coverage and contests help is needed. Allen surely took up the slack and providd the support and encouragemnt needed in our CL community. What a huge loss! My best wishes especially to all of you who have lost a close friend.

SK

Offline John Saunders

• stiletto46
  • Ensign
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2013, 02:51:59 PM »
A great friend , and an even better man.  What a loss the stunt community has just suffered .  God speed Allen you will be missed by all.   

John   

Offline De Hill

• Admiral
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2013, 03:07:04 PM »
Allen Brickhaus had been the contest director at Brodak's fun fly for many years.

He was the recipient of the Rusty Brown Award this  year at Brodaks.

Allen's life was one of service. His passing is a great loss to the controline community.

I am deeply saddened at his departure from our midst.
De Hill

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2013, 03:13:58 PM »
Allen was one of those people that you like right off. He was always positive and friendly. He had a great love for the hobby that you could read in his columns. He came up with so many neat designs. This is a sad day and he will be greatly missed. Prayers for his family and friends.
Jim Kraft

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2013, 03:16:06 PM »
@#$%!  I've never met him, but I've read his stuff for decades.  He'll be missed.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Zuriel Armstrong

• Captain
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2013, 03:24:16 PM »
What a sad day.  Bruce was spot on about Allen.  Allen always made sure you were included, you were not allowed to be a stranger around him.  He would call just to say hello and see how you were doing.  He did that Christmas morning and I will always be grateful.

God Speed Allen.
Zuriel Armstrong
AMA 20932

Offline pat king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • PDK LLC
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2013, 03:40:23 PM »
Allen will be missed. May he rest in peace. We need to remember his family in our prayers.

Pat
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Offline Willie Johnson

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2013, 03:49:25 PM »
Mr. Brickhaus is truly missed.  He made the world a better place.  I've enjoyed reading his many articles but the greatest joy came from meeting him in person.  We were blessed by his presence in our hobby and lives.
Willie Johnson
AMA 774461

Offline Steve Riebe

• Commander
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2013, 03:52:37 PM »
We have lost a great, great man. I don't think things will be quite the same without him. It's so hard to believe he is gone, just talked to him a couple days ago. My most heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

Offline BAD ANDY PATTERSON

• New Pilot
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2013, 03:56:51 PM »
Allen was a kind man who knew no strangers. A lot of good times and great memories to reflect on and remember. He will be missed by all. Sad day

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2013, 04:05:46 PM »
Just talked to him the other day via E-mail.....CL will miss him, I will miss him....

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline William DeMauro

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2013, 04:18:59 PM »
Allen will be missed by both Kevin and I. Even though I knew him personally for only 5 years, it was like I knew him my whole life. When I needed a letter of recommendation for Kevin for school he had it in the mail to me within a day. I recently helped him with a column and hopefully it will still get published. I'm glad I flew out to the STL contest a few months ago and was able to spend some time with him and we talked about the upcoming 2014 Nats. Rest in peace my friend!!!
AMA 98010

Online Les McDonald

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
  • " The Jelly Man"
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2013, 04:43:10 PM »
I could not possibly add anything to what has already been said here, especially from Bob H and Bruce P but I am positive we will all miss his presence everywhere our community goes.
He was one of the most pleasant, respectful and polite man I've ever had the honor to meet.
I can now only wish him blue skies and gentle winds.
I see people my age out there climbing mountains and zip lining and here I am feeling good about myself because I got my leg through my underwear without losing my balance

Offline Jo Ann Keville

• Ensign
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2013, 04:54:21 PM »
Thoughts and prayers out to Allen's family and close friends. He was quite a man and did a lot of good for a lot of people. He will be missed by many,

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2013, 04:58:52 PM »
Allen sent me some pix of his rebuilt Olympus just yesterday.  Wesley Dick and I were talking about Allen just this morning.  Whether you knew Allen or not, if you are an aeromodeller - you have just lost a great friend.

Looking at the postings on facebook it is obvious he touched the lives of many as a music teacher, Band Director and Choir Director.

God Speed Allen, God Bless Kathy and their family & friends as they come to deal with their loss - our loss.
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2013, 05:10:04 PM »
I'm speechless!  I just lost a true friend and my mentor in stunt.  Not much to add to what has already been said.  The stunt community lost a true treasure today!
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2013, 05:53:36 PM »
I just came in from the shop and opened my E-Mail.  What a shock.  I can't come up with the words to honor him.  Bruce and Bob have already stated it as well as a few others.  He is  missed already.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline John Hammonds

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2013, 06:05:50 PM »
Terrible news, I never had the fortune to meet Alan but his reputation is second to none. He will be an enormous loss to the control line community.

My deepest condolences to his family and friends.  :(

John.
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.....
Fast, Cheap, Reliable - Choose any 2!
BMFA 165249

Offline Bob Whitely

• AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2013, 06:20:03 PM »
I met Allen many years ago and were instant friends! He was the consummate
caring type guy and never had a bad word for anyone. I, like everyone, will miss
him dearly. I am very saddened by this. My prayers to his family...I have to stop
now, this is getting too difficult.  Bob Whitely

Offline Mike Keville

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2013, 06:30:03 PM »
We are disappearing at too rapid a rate.  I guess it's the natural order of things - - though it doesn't mean we have to like it.
FORMER member, "Academy of Multi-rotors & ARFs".

Online Frank Imbriaco

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • At the 69 Willow Grove NATS with J.D. FALCON II
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2013, 06:31:30 PM »
First met Allen 3 years ago at Brodak's .  Even though he was very busy with CD business, he took  time to share advice on the proper way to do a vertical 8.
Thanks to my very good  friend, Tom Hampshire, I had the pleasure of dining with him , Tom  and several others that same night.
Allen became a friend and I looked forward to seeing him at the event in subsequent years. We often talked about our careers in education and our love of the hobby.
I will miss his friendship and know  that his family, friends, former students and colleagues will always  cherish the time we had with him.

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2013, 06:39:18 PM »
My deepest sympathy to Allen's family and friends. He was an exceptional individual that touched many many people from all walks of life!!

He will be missed!!!
John Cralley
Scratch Built - Often Re-kitted!!!
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline billbyles

• AMA Member
  • Captain
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2013, 06:46:50 PM »
When I just opened Stunt Hangar & saw this thread I was, and am, totally shocked.  I met Allen in 1998 at the Nats and considered him a true friend ever since.  A week ago I bought an old K&B Torpedo .32 from Allen & we had talked about it & other things several times.  What a loss this is for all of us.  Bruce Perry & Bob Hunt said it better than I ever could.  Clear skies and tail winds, Allen.

Bill
Bill Byles
AMA 20913
So. Cal.

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2013, 07:17:49 PM »
  I can't add anymore than what has already been said about this good and great man. He was such a positive influence in the world of C/L, and in his profession of mentoring young people as a band director through the years. He will be greatly missed!
    Doug

Offline Andrew Saunders

• Commander
  • 2013 Nats
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2013, 07:24:00 PM »
There's not much more i can say that hasn't already been said. Hes was a man of God, a great friend, mentor, listener and a joy to be around. He taught me and many others so much and shared allot of knowledge in control line. He was always willing to help and always ready to joke around. He will be greatly missed. Kathey and his whole family and friends are in my prayers

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here