News:

• April 30, 2024, 05:27:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sadness Strikes Again Gil Reedy passed.  (Read 1690 times)

Offline Phil Spillman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Sadness Strikes Again Gil Reedy passed.
« on: August 09, 2009, 09:37:17 PM »
This afternoon at 4:30 pm EDT Gil Reedy passed away leaving yet another large hole in many hearts especially my own.

Gil would have been 68 next month but the ravages of liver and lung cancer won out over another birthday. We me on a cols Wednesday evening in 1975 when my  son Fred and I appeared at Gil's front door for the purpose of starting anothe Controline Club. This one turned out to become the Harrisburg Aero Modeling Society, HAMS, for short. Another man in attendance at that  meeting was Tom Hartman who is the one generally recognized as the creator of our anacronim. Tom had the anachronim the rest of us had to come up with the words it stood for!

Gil was doe me the brother I never had naturally. He was my anchor to windward no matter what the cause or woe to come my way. We shared many fun hours flying together and enjoying flying in tandum in the same circle. He was never one to cary grudges no anger. I have yet to meet anyone who had a cross word about him.

Tomorrow Sondra and I were to have driven up to Mechanicsburg, PA to see if we might get him to liven up a bit. We'll still go up but not with the same optimistic miaaion in mind. When our son Fred died in January of 2008 Gil and his wife Linda were with us sithin two days; now it is our turn to offer some solace to  Linda and his son Dan and daughter Julie.

Fair the well my good friend! I am sure you'll be enjoying your new flying field eternally!

Sincerely,

Phil Spillman
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 06:50:05 PM by De Hill »
Phil Spillman

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Sadness Strikes Again
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 07:21:05 AM »
Phil
What a wonderful tribute to your friend & "brother" Gil.  My prayers and thoughts of caring and peace with Gil's family - and his dear friends. 
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 07:23:11 AM »
Our prayers are with Gil and his family.
AMA 7544

Offline Scott Hartford

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 07:33:33 AM »
RIP Gil. H^^

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 10:08:53 AM »
Phil,
While I was at Brodak's I asked Phil Cartier how Gil was doing and to tell him hi for me when he said I should just give him a call myself.  He gave me the number and while my son and I were on the way home on Thursday I gave him a call.  It took a minute for him to sort me out in his memory but remember me he did.  We chatted for a while and he said that he might make it up to Brodak's for a day to watch some combat.  While it was a little uncomfortable for me initially talking with him, by the end of the phone call I was really glad that I had a chance to speak with him.

Go be with his wife and son and provide as much comfort as you can.  All of you will be in our thoughts.
Team Paris
John Paris

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 02:26:41 PM »
Phil,
Losing a loved one is never easy, take care of the family and yourself during this hard time and know that our prayers are not only with you, but God is therefore there as well because of them.
His best to you,
Will
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline "Big Art"

• AMA Member
  • New Pilot
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 08:06:57 PM »
So long Dear Friend, Gil and I shared a very special moment together in 1984. My sincere condolences to his family. You will be remembered in our prayers
"Big Art" Adamisin

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here