News:

• March 28, 2024, 01:55:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Passing of Gerald Ruschke....G&D Hobbies, CL enthusiast  (Read 872 times)

Offline William Horoszko

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Passing of Gerald Ruschke....G&D Hobbies, CL enthusiast
« on: December 27, 2021, 03:21:25 PM »
New to this forum because, well, in my 40+ years in the model aircraft hobby I just never got into CL......mainly fly giant scale RC aircraft, belong to the Kishwaukee RC Flyers and Sandwich RC Duster.
Reason I really joined was to let the CL community know of the passing of a CL enthusiast extraordinaire......Gerry Ruschke.
Gerry and his wife Dorothy owned G&D Hobbies in Sandwich IL......they got out of the business in 2002 when they saw the 'on-line' writing on the wall.
Gerry was into model aircraft in a big way.....building and flying CL and RC aircraft with unbelievable skill and patience.
Anyone who competed against him knew that he flew for the gold all the time.
He was also a full scale pilot and full scale builder....his last aircraft was a RV-12 and he was as committed to as much of a first place build/finish on it as he was his models.
Unfortunately, like many a modeler, with his passing, Gerry left behind quite a collection of CL and RC aircraft ..... I'm not sure how much of a demand there is for CL aircraft these days but the ones that I'll be helping sell for his widow are nothing but works of art!
I'll do what I can to post them here but it's likely that anyone wanting to purchase will need to travel to Sandwich IL to come get them.
I thank you all for your attention and patience.....Bill

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here