News:

• April 27, 2024, 02:37:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Miss you - Jerry Bohn  (Read 838 times)

Offline Tom Perry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Miss you - Jerry Bohn
« on: May 31, 2008, 12:02:40 PM »
I was checking the calendar and noticed that Jerry Bohn would have been 64 today.   :( 
I was sorry to see him pass.  I never met him in person but had kept in close touch for several years via email and telephone.
Jerry If you can hear me up there save me a seat will ya!   :)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 10:04:05 AM by De Hill »
Tight lines,

Tom Perry
 Norfolk, Virginia

Offline Keith Spriggs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
    • khspriggs
Re: Miss you Jerry
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 12:51:57 PM »
64 seems awfully young, anymore. Some 35 years ago when I flew C/L a lot I had a friend that I flew with. We both flew profile carrier and it seemed that we almost took turns winning. Things change in life and we both drifted away from flying. I would see him occasionally and we always talked about flying again, but we never got around to it. He passed away several years ago and now that I have got back in to flying I think of him every time I fly and wish he could be with us.

He was an attorney (yes there are some good ones). We went to a contest one time and I finished either first or second. He ended up in fourth place but the guy they gave the third place trophy to had used a ball bearing engine. My friend  protested and the Contest Director told him he had to put it in writing. He came back to the car, grabbed a legal pad and the rule book. His protest was a work of art with a lot of chapter and verse and some legal sounding stuff. The CD called everybody together and and started to read the written protest to himself. He hadn't got too far until he walked over and snatched the third place trophy from the guy that had "won" it and handed to my friend. It all happened so quick that no one said anything.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here