News:

• April 27, 2024, 07:06:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Memorial Service for Gil Reedy  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Phil Spillman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Memorial Service for Gil Reedy
« on: August 13, 2009, 09:11:57 PM »
There will be a Memorial Service for Gil Reedy on Saturday afternoon August 29,2009 at 3:30 pm at the Meyers Funeral Home, 37 East MAIN Street, in Mechanicsburg, PA 17055. Their telephone number is (717) 766-3421.

Gil was widely known in Combat Circles as well as in Stunt Events. In addition Gil was a licensed full scale pilot. His interests included his Classic '65.5 Ford Mustang. Gil retired from the former Appleton Paper Company in April of 1997 after a long career as a Production Supeervisor and Line Designer for Appleton's Coated Paper Division.

All interested parties and friends will be welcome at this gathering.

Phil Spillman 
Phil Spillman

Offline catdaddy

• catdaddy
  • AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
  • The Dude Abides
    • Tulsa Gluedobber Control Line Club
Re: Memorial Service for Gil Reedy
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 01:29:40 PM »
There will be a Memorial Service for Gil Reedy on Saturday afternoon August 29,2009 at 3:30 pm at the Meyers Funeral Home, 37 East MAIN Street, in Mechanicsburg, PA 17055. Their telephone number is (717) 766-3421.

Gil was widely known in Combat Circles as well as in Stunt Events. In addition Gil was a licensed full scale pilot. His interests included his Classic '65.5 Ford Mustang. Gil retired from the former Appleton Paper Company in April of 1997 after a long career as a Production Supeervisor and Line Designer for Appleton's Coated Paper Division.

All interested parties and friends will be welcome at this gathering.

Phil Spillman  

I sure wish I could be there. This man had nothing but my deepest respect and admiration. The first time I met him was at the Brodak fly-in in 2004. After talking to him for just a few minutes I felt like we had been friends for a very long time. That's not an easy thing to do with me, but Gil was a special guy. I will miss this man dearly and treasure the memory of flying combat against him and listening to his many funny stories.

My thoughts will be with his family and close friends.

Phil if you see Dan please give him my regards and heartfelt condolences.
regards,
Rick"catdaddy"Blankenship

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here