News:

• April 28, 2024, 11:50:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Larry Barickman Passes  (Read 1012 times)

Offline Tom Rounds

• lineflyer
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Larry Barickman Passes
« on: July 15, 2008, 04:46:01 PM »
I just found out that Larry Barickman passed on Wednesday July 9th. Larry was a big part of the control flying group in Orlando for many years. He also was a PAMPA officer and member for many years. Larry had dealt with health problems for the last few years.
Larry, we will miss you.
AMA 7359

Offline Curt Contrata

• New Pilot
Re: Larry Barickman Passes
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 05:37:01 PM »
This is very sad news. Larry was a huge help to me when returning to the hobby back in 1993. Larry spend a lot of time with me, making me feel very welcome into the world of competition stunt flying. I remember a contest in Georgia where he was helping me fix a tank leak. The two of us headed to another modeler's car where there was torch and solder for the repair. While Larry was holding the tank being heated, the guy holding the torch decided to introduce himself. While reaching across everything to shake my hand, he moved the torch to the back of Larry's hand and caused quite a reaction from Larry. This is not only my favorite Larry story, but a really great "How I first met Dave Hemstrought story" as well.

Sandy and I already miss Larry.

Curt

Offline Will Davis

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 09:22:22 PM »
Larry was at the KOI a couple years back, it was good to see him and we really enjoyed talking to Larry and his wife.

He will be missed

William Davis
Will Davis
"Carolina Gang"

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 06:13:02 AM »
Larry and his wife "Paula" I think that was her name were good friends to Rebecca and I when we lived in Florida. They came to a few of the Tampa Bay Line Flyers contests and we sure enjoyed having them. They were both a lot of fun. Paula helped Rebecca do the score sheets and all the other things that help run a contests. Larry was VP of Pampa for a few years and a motor expert sometimes writing articles about motor rework for Pampa and local club newsletters. Haven't seen them in a few years and now miss them more than ever.
Ed Ruane
Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here