News:

• May 09, 2024, 04:34:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Friends of Jim Morway  (Read 7382 times)

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Friends of Jim Morway
« on: May 29, 2013, 09:00:44 PM »
I just recieved this this note via John Paris.  It sounds like Jim is in a bad way, he and his family need our thoughts and prayers:

"Everyone,
I have learned that Jim Morway suffered a severe seizure on Tuesday 21 May 13 that led to him being hospitalized.  He suffered additional seizures which seems to have resulted in brain damage.  While he is able to communicate on a limited basis he is not able to recognize people or remember things.  He also is unable to eat and per his prior wishes and family agreement, the decision has been made that no feeding tubes will be administered.  Jim will be moved to a hospice later this week to see how things will work out.

I will provide more information as it becomes available.  Kris is quite overwhelmed at this point, so I ask that you keep her in your prayers along with Jim.  Also I ask that she not be contacted as there is a lot going on for her right now and she needs to stay focused on what is happening.  I understand that Jason will be coming up soon to be with his father.

Please pass this along to the people that know Jim.  I do not have the emails of all the combat guys so some assistance here would be helpful and I could use some additional help in the stunt community as well.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I thought that this should get out."

Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Re: Friends of Jim Morway
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 10:41:18 PM »

Sorry to hear this, best wishes toward Jim's recovery. y1
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Bob Hudak

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 05:41:21 AM »
I often wondered why Jim was not at the contests I was at last year, I enjoyed his conversation  and the 911 plane. Sad news indeed.

Offline John Stiles

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • one shot=one kill
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 05:45:12 AM »
Aw geeeeeze.... :-\ I never met him, but I can sure say some prayers for him and his family.
John Stiles             Tulip, Ar.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 09:11:43 AM »
I think I first meet Jim at a past VSC.   One great guy and I pray the Lord does right by him.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 11:28:27 AM »
Jim is a true artist.  I'll put him on the FCM prayer chain right now.
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 06:42:40 PM »
Prayers will continue to be offered for Jim, his family and friends.

Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Phil Spillman

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 07:42:16 AM »
What a nice and fine man. I admired his work and his funny personality!  I am so sorry to hear this sad news. Jim will be on my prayer list. Such sad times.
Phil Spillman

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 12:09:36 PM »

Any updates on Jim?
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 02:47:38 PM »

Any updates on Jim?

I received this update from John Paris last night:

"Everyone,
I was able to speak with Kris today to see how Jim is doing.  He has made the move to the hospice, but there is really no change for him.  He is not eating, remains sedated and bounces back and forth between recognizing people and not.  Currently his right arm appears to be impacted by the seizures and he keeps it close to his chest and not moving, but Jim being Jim is flying with his left hand and smiling from time to time according to Kris.  The outlook does not seem good so please keep Jim and his family in your prayers."

PRAYERS continue to be the order of the day...
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2013, 05:00:22 PM »
I've known Jim Morway as a combat & stunt flyer from the early 1960's.  Jim's had some health problems for the last couple decades.    Let's hope and pray that he's able to make anther comeback.
Paul Smith

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 04:55:16 AM »
Latest word regarding Jim Morway, received from from John Paris about 2AM today:

"Everyone,
I just received word that Jim Morway had passed away about an hour ago.  From what I understand there will be no funeral, just a simple cremation.  If I hear anything else, I will be sure to pass it along.

Please make sure that others are informed of the loss of our friend.

Thank you,
John"

Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

Offline Wayne J. Buran

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2013, 05:25:14 AM »
Latest word regarding Jim Morway, received from from John Paris about 2AM today:

"Everyone,
I just received word that Jim Morway had passed away about an hour ago.  From what I understand there will be no funeral, just a simple cremation.  If I hear anything else, I will be sure to pass it along.

Please make sure that others are informed of the loss of our friend.

Thank you,
John"

Rest in Peace Jim Morway. He suffers no more.
Wayne

Wayne Buran
Medina, Ohio
AMA 14986 CD
USAF Veteran 35 TAC GP/ 6236 CSG, DonMuang RTAFB, Bangkok, Thailand 65-66 North Coast Controliners   "A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well!

Offline Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2013, 08:29:31 AM »
This is very sad news. I didn't know Jim all that well, but he did build a version of my son, Robby's Europa and we corresponded a bit then. Nice, nice and gentle man. To those who were his close friends I offer this: You got to know him and fly with him over the years. I think you are richer for it. I'm terribly sorry for your loss.

With respect - Bob Hunt

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2013, 11:52:59 AM »
That is sad in a way to hear another has gone that I have met  and never really got to know.   But, do know he is probably flying in perfect flying conditions.   
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Joe Peters

• New Pilot
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2013, 05:53:44 PM »
Jim, was one of my BEST BUDDIES"!  I feel fortunate to have been able to do a few things with him.   In addition to several NATS, we went to the FLY-IN in 2008 and 2010 and then I was able to grant him something that was on his bucket list for a long time......We went to LAS VEGAS in 2011 and he had a great time.  I will always remember those great and "FUN" times we shared.  I first met Jim briefly in the early 70's at the CLEVELAND JUNIOR AIR RACES.   I flew him in COMBAT there and didn't meet up with him again until 2003.  I will miss him terribly!  His models will be remembered by many.  I am glad he past my way.  I hope he is granted perfect flying conditions, INDEFINEATLY!  God Bless.
Joe Peters   AMA269
Joe Peters
AMA 269

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2013, 05:49:45 AM »
Since my move to Korea about 2 1/2 years ago, my time spent flying with Jim was limited to the times I came home to visit or generally just a few times each year.  For probably 10 years prior to that we flew just about every chance we could.  I gave him a call every week to talk about upcoming events, happenings back in Michigan, how he was progressing or not on a project and just generally to shoot the bull.  We had talked about future airplanes, his potential foray into electrics and when I would be coming home.  Certainly glad that we kept in touch and I treasure the time I spent with him, just as I treasure the time that I get to spend with my CL family.  I know that Jim had many friends in Combat and Stunt and I think that he probably enjoyed the social aspect of flying most of all, but a close second was either the 5 minutes in the combat circle or the 8 minutes in the stunt circle.  I will miss my weekly calls and flying partner.

I think that the attached picture is a good representation of the lasting friendships that we find in our circles.

John
John Paris

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2013, 02:27:00 PM »
I didn't live close enough to Jim to pal around with him much, but we worked together at combat & stunt contests from 1962 on.

One of Jim's finest moments was the 1980 Nats in Wilmington, Ohio in which his combat engine blew up in the early seconds of the five-minute match.  Jim was able to borrow and engine from another model. make the the swap, and win the match.  Jim mentioned that the worst part was the slowness of the electric back window of his Suburban, which slowed down the process. 

I don't remember who Jim was flying against, but it was a costly act of good sportsmanship that he flew out the match rather than do the chicken and win on air time.
Paul Smith

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here