News:

• April 30, 2024, 03:32:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bub Reese R.I.P.  (Read 684 times)

Offline Peter in Fairfax, VA

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Bub Reese R.I.P.
« on: April 02, 2024, 08:24:31 PM »
Price "Bub" Reese passed away today.

Hailing from Maryland, Bub was a great friend, competitor, official and husband.  He was well known in the mid-atlantic area and nearby, a friend and helping hand to all.

Bub was a long-time member of the Sky Lancers Of Washington (S.L.O.W. club) that flew at NASA Goddard, but was the kind of guy that was an unofficial member of every club.  He would help make the scene at Brodak's in Pennsylvania, attend contests with Northern Virginia Control Line (NVCL), attend contests with the Eastern Shore Aeromodelers Club, join the conversation circle with the Philly Flyers, Williamsburg Aero Modelers Society, every club.  Bub was always willing to share his knowledge and analysis, attending not only contests but also swap meet events as recently as a few weeks ago in Lebanon, PA.

While Bub excelled at building, trimming and flying, having won events at Brodak's, his enthusiasm and dedication to the sport led him to serve as a judge, an event director, whatever was needed to make contests and club flying days happen.  Bub had an interest in Combat, Stunt, Old Time Stunt and all aspects of control line.  A search of the fly-in results page at Brodak's finds many references to his contributions and achievements. In his hands, a Sterling Mustang could be a regional contest winner.

Outside of control line, Bub was also known for his analysis of racing cars, drag cars, improving performance.  He had the type of engineering ability to combine theory, knowledge, experience and dedication to produce a result.

While attending events, Bub also showed himself a family man attending with his late wife Shirley, providing care for her as required.  He was not only a person who flew models, he was a model to many.  He'll be missed.

As arrangements for a memorial become available, they'll be shared on this same channel.

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Bub Reese R.I.P.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2024, 08:35:30 PM »
Bub in orange, lending an ear.

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2024, 08:36:01 PM »
A stunter Bub built.

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2024, 08:36:34 PM »
Bub at NVCL Stuntfest 2022, fourth from left in back row.

Offline Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2024, 06:16:21 AM »
This is just terrible news. Bub was a fixture at most East Coast contests, and he always brightened up the day for all around him. A more gentle soul never existed. We will all miss him dearly. Yes, rest in God's Good Peace, Bub, you deserve it.

Bob Hunt

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2024, 07:01:49 AM »
Part of the bedrock of the Brodak Fly-In, I enjoyed seeing him and chatting with him every year and will miss him.  Prayers for his family and friends, GodSpeed...
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2024, 07:10:37 AM »
Price Reese was in the 1976 F2D team along with me and several others in Holland.
Paul Smith

Offline Tim Stagg

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2024, 07:42:22 AM »
This is really sad news, Bub was a great guy and a great friend. He was always willing to help out and in many cases made contest happen because he was always willing to judge or do whatever was needed.

He and the love of his life Shirly are now together. Rest in Peace my friend.

You will be misses
Tim Stagg

Offline Joe Gilbert

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2024, 09:08:40 AM »
Bub was good man ,great husband and dear frend to many,  rest in peace my frend.

Joe Gilbert
Joe Gilbert

Offline Phil Spillman

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2024, 03:19:29 PM »
As many of you know Sondra and I moved around a lot thanks to my employment. One constant through our life was Bub and Shirley! I started flying Combat in 1963 who was thee Bub was1 Our flying paths crossed many time over the past 57 years including when the two of us drove down from Vermont to attend the HAMS Saturday morning Fun Flies! Bub and Shirley attended the HAMS Banquets as he was also a HAM! See the shirt in Peters picture it's HAM Orange! Shirley was an advocate to tru to help our son shake the monkey off his back right up to his end; I'll forever be grateful for her efforts! Bub helped me out when a promised Judge couldn't make an apparence at several of my Contests  Bub I'll truly miss you man! Rest in peace my dear friend.
Phil Spillman

Offline Dick Tyndall

• 23 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2024, 10:34:28 AM »
    I remember Bub Reese from many of the contests I went to in Virginia and Maryland from the 1960's thru the 1980"s. I can't picture him in anything but an orange T shirt! He always seemed to be busy helping someone out or helping out with running the contest. Always pleasant to speak to. He will most certainly be missed by all that knew him. My condolences to all of his friends and family.

Dick Tyndall

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2024, 07:57:53 PM »

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here