News:

• April 27, 2024, 10:09:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bob Kruger needs your prayers and thoughts  (Read 5038 times)

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Bob Kruger needs your prayers and thoughts
« on: May 08, 2016, 08:41:00 AM »
Those of you who are PAMPA members will probably recognize the name Bob Kruger. Bob is the tireless volunteer who takes the Stunt News raw files after editing and layout and makes them ready for publication on the PAMPA website, and for print and CD versions of the magazine/newsletter. Bob has performed this task at no charge to PAMPA for several years. He did not want any public recognition of this service; he just wanted to serve our community in the best manner that he could.

About a month and a half ago Bob was in a terrible automobile accident. Apparently they had to extract him from his mangled Ford Explorer with the "Jaws of Life." Miraculously he was not "mangled" outwardly in the crash, but his internal organs were moved about and bruised. In the hospital he contracted pneumonia, and nearly died. He made a fair recovery and he called me after he was discharged from the hospital. I had no idea that he'd been in a car crash or that he was injured. He sounded very weak on the phone, and I told him not to worry about posting Stunt News and that we'd make other arrangements until he was better and ready to resume his normal routine (Which he indicated strongly that he wanted to do...).  Our printer told us that he could perform the tasks that Bob usually did for us, and get stunt News for Jan/Feb up and ready. And, he did that...

As per Bob's instructions, I had Liz Helms (Our layout and graphics person) send him the finalized March/April Stunt News files for posting, but more than two weeks went by with no word from Bob. Then I received the following from his wife, Cindy in an email. I'm quite certain that Cindy would not mind me posting her note to me here.

"Hi Bob: I am sorry to have to let you know that Bob is gravely ill. We discovered underlying health problems after his car accident. I'm sorry I haven't gotten in touch sooner. I could not find your contact info as it was on Bob's computer which is password protected. I finally realized that I could access his email through his cell phone. Bob values your friendship very much And I knew he would want you to know. I fear he will not be with us much longer.  He is in hospice care now. - Cindy"

This is just terrible news. Bob is not only a great volunteer, he's also a very good and humble man, and he's been a wonderful friend for many years (I first met Bob in 1972). Bob served our country as an Army Airborne Ranger with distinction and decoration, and he truly loves this great hobby of ours. Please, please keep Bob in your thoughts and prayers.

Bob Hunt

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Bob Kruger needs your prayers and thoughts
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 09:16:39 AM »
I had no idea of any if this.  Bob and I had many conversations and he was a great help to me on projects.  My prayers go out for Bob and his family.

Mike

Offline Bootlegger

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 11:14:16 AM »

Prayers went up for a speedy and full recovery..
8th Air Force Veteran
Gil Causey
AMA# 6964

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 11:34:12 AM »
This is very sad news indeed. I just re joined PAMPA last month. So sorry to hear this and will keep Him in our prayers. And his family also. I do not know Bob personally, but he sounds like a very talented person. Lord have mercy.
Jim Kraft

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 12:59:43 PM »
Get well soon Bob.

MM

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 01:45:35 PM »
I have just received some very sad news. The following was just sent to me by Cindy Kruger...

Hi Bob,
My Bob left us about 2:30 this afternoon. He thought the world of you. Love Cindy.

Cindy Kruger
Proud Gold Star Mom
SGT Michael C. Hardegree

There just are no words - Bob Hunt

Offline Steve Fitton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 01:59:50 PM »
Godspeed Ranger Kruger.  You will be missed!
Steve

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2016, 04:07:06 PM »
This is truly a shock.   Seen on another site about his accident, but did not know it was this serious.  Even though I don't remember meeting him, I hope he did not suffer too much.  My prayers for his family and now a big hole to fill in PAMPA.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2016, 04:48:54 PM »
Hi Bob,
I was ready to write a note about prayers for Bob's recovery.  Now it is about his loss to us.  This was the first I had heard of his problems.  I had many conversations with Bob and had dealt with him on plans.  He was stationed within 25 miles of me a few times and knew the area pretty well.  It is really a shock to hear of his passing.  Men of Bob's caliber are getting harder to find!
Now my prayers go up for his family and close friends as they deal with his passing.  I will sorely miss him!
God Speed Bob!
Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2016, 06:34:45 PM »
This is a shock. While I never met Bob in person, we talked many times on the phone. Our prayers are with Cindy and the family.  God Speed Bob.

AMA 7544

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2016, 06:41:11 PM »
  Godspeed to Bob, his wife and family. They will are in our prayers.
             Doug

Offline Jason Greer

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2016, 06:53:45 PM »
Very sorry to hear. Prayers for his family.
El Dorado, AR
AMA 518858

Offline Bill Hummel

• 22 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2016, 07:10:15 PM »
This is so sad...
ama 72090

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2016, 07:54:51 PM »
My prayers for his wife, family and friends.

Blessings
Allen

Offline Mike Keville

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2016, 09:16:48 PM »
This is sad news.  Years gone by, I'd had several chats with Bob regarding our days/nights at Fort Benning.  A good man!

FORMER member, "Academy of Multi-rotors & ARFs".

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2016, 09:31:37 PM »
I'm very saddened to hear this, and hope and pray that his family will know how much he was admired and valued.

I've never met Bob, but a few years ago he noticed me looking for some help and offered to do CAD work for me - for no compensation save the satisfaction of having helped someone.  That is a rare quality, becoming even more rare in an "it's all about me!" world ...

Godspeed Bob, may the flying conditions and fellowship you find now be the very best!

Dennis
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Online Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2016, 10:28:23 PM »
I only met Bob once on the phone and then through a couple emails. He did the CAD work for my Typhoon is slated to be a Walter Umland kit.  This was also long before I learned about the work he did helping PAMPA put out the Stunt News.

God speed Bob, and blessings on your family
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline BYU

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2016, 07:55:25 AM »
I am very sad to hear this news. I only met Bob twice or so, but spoke with him more often. A very bright person, full of wit and straight talk, very good to know. - My sincerest wishes are for his family - he will be much missed.

Online Les McDonald

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
  • " The Jelly Man"
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2016, 07:56:37 AM »
On several occasions I worked with Bob on the telephone sorting out some questions about Stiletto plans.
Smart guy.
 I can see that all of us here are going to miss his dedication and git ur done work ethic.
I see people my age out there climbing mountains and zip lining and here I am feeling good about myself because I got my leg through my underwear without losing my balance

Offline BillP

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2016, 09:30:15 AM »
R.I.P.
Bill P.

Eric Viglione

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2016, 09:54:10 AM »
I worked with Bob when it came time to convert the PAMPA website, he was very protective and vetted me out like I was going to take his teenage daughter to the prom.
He really cared about PAMPA's well being and it showed.
Bob will be missed.
EricV

Offline Serge_Krauss

• Admiral
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2016, 11:14:00 PM »
I'm so sad to hear this. Bob was dedicated and tireless in solving the many computer problems and challenges plaguing websites and publishing. He never seemed to let a problem get the best of him. 'such a sudden loss! My best to his family and all who admired him.

SK

Offline Ted Fancher

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2016, 10:53:00 AM »
Oh, my.   Just oh my.  May the fine man that was Bob rest in peace.  God's blessings to his family.

Ted

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here